Adam P. McIver
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy of Pirate Dice in the mail this past week and I'm super excited to get it to the table. Our gaming group regularly runs 10 or so players and I'm fairly certain the extra set of dice for a fifth player will see quite a bit of use.

With this in mind, as I read through the rules for the first time I wasn't able to determine how a player would orient their Skullduggery commands when they are placed when playing with five. Since there are only 4 orientations (N/S/E/W) and five possible targets, how is this handled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
ad7m wrote:
I just got my copy of Pirate Dice in the mail this past week and I'm super excited to get it to the table. Our gaming group regularly runs 10 or so players and I'm fairly certain the extra set of dice for a fifth player will see quite a bit of use.

With this in mind, as I read through the rules for the first time I wasn't able to determine how a player would orient their Skullduggery commands when they are placed when playing with five. Since there are only 4 orientations (N/S/E/W) and five possible targets, how is this handled?

For that, you'll want to just point the arrow of the die physically to the person, and it won't be locked precisely to N/S/E/W. As long as people understand who you had in mind when you placed the targeted die.

Also, I know I said this elsewhere, but if you're going to be playing with 5 players, I highly recommend that you use the 'Duggery Doubloons variant and a 2x2 map layout -- at least for starters.

Thanks so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P. McIver
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Classic me, interpreting things too literally!

Thanks, Clint!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to long table we found it was not easy to point to either of two players opposite player ( right and left is obvious) and decided to house rule it would only affect player on 'left' of those opposite. Alternate is point up and when revealed, declare which of two players is target
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.