Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Uecker
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few of us game group organizers have lamented over the lack of a good board game meetup type site. So, we’ve started a new game group web site that is currently in open beta: http://www.boardgamemeetup.com.

The site is free to join.
It’s free to put your game group on the site and free to link to any current site your group uses.

You only have to pay if you want to run your group through the site (using member tracking, rsvp’s, private forums, news, calendar, etc). But, the cost is only about a third the price you’d pay at a more commonly known site that includes the word meetup .

The site allows you to link to your BGG account (if you want) and allows you to link your game group to a BGG guild (if you wish).

We’re hoping this site will do better job of bringing actual gamers to your group (unlike the common group/meetup sites do).

We’d love to see it where BGG is where you go to find how and which games to play; and BGM would become the place to go to find where and with whom to play!

Please check it out.

We’re planning on rolling the site out in phases. That’s the reason for only posting in this forum. We’re targeting the south west US for right now, since most of the current game groups already on the site are in that region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool deal. Bookmarked!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan "DP" Pepin
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Check out Miniature Central!
badge
www.miniaturecentral.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Right on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen
United States
Arvada
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone should put their group up on this site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Nakamoto
United States
Montrose
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for setting this up, Chad! I'm looking forward to the next Conclave announcement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Doolittle
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the site, Chad. It looks very clean and professional, and it's easy to use.

Thanks for such a great tool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Pasquale
United States
Paradise Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All efforts to support the gaming hobby are to be commended.

However, I question whether a separate web site, which gathers names, e-mail addresses, birth dates, etc, is the best way to go. Can't the venerable BGG misc option "find gamers" be enhanced to include a "find gaming groups" option? If so, I'm sure users would quickly populate it with this valued information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Doolittle
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick,

The BoardGameMeetup site is designed to assist local gaming groups in organizing and scheduling gatherings, as well as facilitating users to find different groups in their area that are into the hobby.

Unfortunately BGG is not optimum for those functions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertD67 wrote:
Unfortunately BGG is not optimum for those functions.

While I think BGG would be a great place to have this functionality, the current implementation of guilds leaves a lot to be desired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, I do a lot of my gaming with non-hardcore gamers. Which means Facebook has to be my main means of gathering players. I think a FB app that helped find local gamers could be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Uecker
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who use Facebook or another site for your game group you can still use BoardGameMeetup and can do so for free. You can create a game group on BGM and link to your Facebook page. You only have to pay a fee if you want to use BGM to track members, schedule meetings, handles RSVP's, have a private forum, etc. If you don't want to use those tools (because you're using them on another site) then BGM is another free way to hopefully drive new members to your group's web presence and ultimately to your meetings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Doolittle
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Otomakan wrote:
Thanks for setting this up, Chad! I'm looking forward to the next Conclave announcement!

Taylor, you took the words right out of my mouth!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I also suggest you to have a look at GetGamers, an app for iOs and Android thta allows to search for and to contact registered users all over the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Jones
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
I am calling a Grand Tichu!
badge
In old Ohio there's a team, That's known thru-out the land; Eleven warriors, brave and bold, Whose fame will ever stand, And when the ball goes over, Our cheers will reach the sky, Ohio Field will hear again The Buckeye Battle Cry.
mbmbmbmbmb
The group that I run, Broomfield Gamers has been using the site for several months now, and as the organizer of the group, I love the site, and I think the members of our group like it as well.

It was much better then yahoo groups, cheaper than meetup.com, and the whole site is geared for gaming groups.

I wish nothing but success for Chad and the website.

Dave Jones
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.