Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
paul Schwartz

Lockport
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello was wondering what are the most common size counters that i need punches for. Do not want to purchase a whole set if all i need is two or three sizes thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It really depends on what you want them for and how many different games you want to make. If you are comfortable with resizing images, getting a 1" punch and then resizing everything to fit that size punch will work for a lot of things, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It also depends a lot on what you're planning to do with them. If you're going to use them to make counters by punching out thick card you can use whatever sizes you want (bearing in mind resizing of graphics may be necessary). Personally, though, I use them to cut labels out to stick on wooden counters; the counters are commonly 25mm or 19mm (1" or 3/4") so I need my arch punch to be 22mm or 16mm (7/8" or 5/8", IIRC) so that the label is a little smaller than the counter in each direction. If it were the same size, getting it lined up would be difficult and it would be too easy to catch the edges of the label when handling the counter, which would damage it with use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.