Subject: Quality of the cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen a few reviews of this game that said the cards were of good quality. I read one that mentioned they were linen finish. Well, not mine. My copy featured cards that were basically paper. I actually noticed wear and tear starting to set in after 2 or 3 plays. I went ahead and sleeved them which is a shame because it renders the box useless. For the most part, I have been pleased with all my games from Z-Man, except for one thing: card stock. The cards in all my Z-Man games have a very thin card stock and pretty much need to be sleeved. All the other components, including the boards, are very good. Strange they seem to skimp on the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
I have seen a few reviews of this game that said the cards were of good quality. I read one that mentioned they were linen finish. Well, not mine. My copy featured cards that were basically paper. I actually noticed wear and tear starting to set in after 2 or 3 plays. I went ahead and sleeved them which is a shame because it renders the box useless. For the most part, I have been pleased with all my games from Z-Man, except for one thing: card stock. The cards in all my Z-Man games have a very thin card stock and pretty much need to be sleeved. All the other components, including the boards, are very good. Strange they seem to skimp on the cards.

See this thread I started:

Onirim Version vs. Cardstock

To sum it up, it matters whether it says "printed in Germany" or "printed in China". Hint: you want the one printed in China.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was quite happy with my copy until I read this post and discovered mine was printed in Germany cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If anyone finds a batch of the old cards printed in China, I'd like to know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chelsea Walery
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CardHaus is having a moving sale and I ordered Onirim from them. I received a made in China copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.