Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
I like dice and dice games more than I should, but I just can't come to terms with a game that is advertises as "no skill required".

So, I did what I usually do with bad games. I revised it into a slightly-less-bad game. I think the below revisions move the game from a 1/10 to a 3/10. Success!

As before, play 6 rounds, numbered 1-6. Indicate it with the giant (fuzzy) die included in several editions of the regular game.

Each round, players simultaneously do the following phases:
1) Initially, roll 3 dice. Don’t score these.
2) Roll all numbers matching the round number OR roll all numbers not matching the round number.
3) Then score everything showing, including any dice you didn’t roll.
4) Then each player whose score just changed (either up or down!) chooses either to go to #2 or to stop. You must stop if you scored 0 on that roll. When only one player is still going, ring the bell. Once the bell has been rung, double all penalties for the rest of the round and the player must stop if they receive a penalty.
5) All players’ scores from the round are added to their running totals.

scoring
- individual dice matching the round number = each worth points equal to the round number
- set of 3 dice that match the round number = - 5 times round number (or -10 times round number, after bell has been rung)
- set of 3 dice that don’t match the round number = +5 times round number
- all other dice = 0 points

So, in round 4, each 4 scores you +4, three 4’s scores you -20 (-40 after bell), and a set of three 3’s scores you +20.

That's it! It's still a simple, light game, but (a) there are now some choices, (b) it is easier to catch up if you fall behind, (c) there is less down time, and (d) you get to ring the bell more often. Bonus!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.