Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andrea melegari
Italy
parma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Now this is happened three times that my opponent had 2 amsug longneck and a temporal boot: he played the temporal boot then take it back in his hand 2 times so that in the 3rd year i could play just one turn.I find this combo to be too powerful and detract a lot of the fun i have from this wonderful game...

I think to some house rule that didn't allow this combo..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say if it bothers you you should focus on choosing these cards out of the draft - you should be able to pick at least one of the three.

Obviously you can't do anything about his first pick but you can take it into account - I always assume the worst and plan my early game as if my opponent has a sneaky Syllas and my end game as if he has a sneaky Temporal boots.

Your opponent could, of course just have picked these up during the game but it seems unlikely for that to happen too often so that doesn't seem worth ruling against.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
buzzlightyear wrote:
I think to some house rule that didn't allow this combo..

If you want a house rule, you could simply have Temporal Boots be:

---

Worth 8 Points

Activate: Sacrifice Temporal Boots to more the marker up to the spaces forward or backwards.

---

Still free to put out. Still worth 8 points. Still able to do what it's intended (though won't be worth 8 points afterwards). Now, it can't be abused.

No point in punishing Amsung as it's not overpowered except in combination with Temporal Boots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Muranty
Poland
Pruszkow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
entwife wrote:
I'd say if it bothers you you should focus on choosing these cards out of the draft - you should be able to pick at least one of the three.

Obviously you can't do anything about his first pick but you can take it into account - I always assume the worst and plan my early game as if my opponent has a sneaky Syllas and my end game as if he has a sneaky Temporal boots.

Your opponent could, of course just have picked these up during the game but it seems unlikely for that to happen too often so that doesn't seem worth ruling against.

My sentiments exactly.

Also, Eeeville's solution is very clean and elegant, if you really feel bad with Boots - at some point I pondered changing the card to a familiar, a 'Temporal Bob' of sorts, but I guess there's no need to up the number of woodland critters for Kriss to murderize .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.