Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian
Germany
Kassel
Deutschland/UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As this game is completely modular it is (I think) comparatively easy to develop set scenarios and/or and overarching campaign, which would give the game a more fleshed out narrative arc.
I don't have the time and nerve to develop and test these things myself :-), but would gladly pay for it. As it does not have to be more than a booklet it could be monetised via Amazon or other e-book vendors, instead of going the tree and paper route and cut down on distribution cost. You could even make a kickstarter out of it. Anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Jones
msg tools
From the fluff in the rule book there are maybe two scenarios/campaigns that suggest themselves...

1) The Orion/Terran War - no GCDS (so maybe a variant is applicable), no diplomacy possible between Orion and Terran factions...
2) The Eridani Silent Era - Perhaps the Eridani could represent the big bad in this campaign. Glorious empire at the centre of the galaxy getting squeezed by the other 6 races.

Perhaps in both of the above the mechanama should be non-playable as I think the fluff says that there are relative newcomers to the 7.

I think that there might be some more fluff in RotA concerning the Exiles and the Rho Syndicate that might provide some jump off points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
demonhanz demonhanz
msg tools
mb
You could also generate some more 'generic' scenarios, such as:

*A Terran Cruiser has been waylaid in a remote sector by Ancients. You have 5 turns to reach them. The Draco have also heard of this and are intervening to ensure that no damage is done to the Ancients' ships. This will result in a standoff either in the sector or before (2 players).

*The Eridani are trying to reclaim their glory days. If they get to 50 Gold they win; the other players must stop them before this happens.

*The factions are attempting to construct "death stars". These are Starbases with a particular set of ship components that must be upgraded with in order to win, eg, Improved Hull, Antimatter Cannon, Positron Computer, and Plasma Missles. The first to do so wins.

*The first player to get 10 kills wins (perhaps only 4 or more players). If no kills made, then default to VP score at end of rounds.

*The Planta have seeded much of the galaxy. It is your duty to exterminate these pests in any way possible. Players can select any faction besides them. The Planta in this scenario act as a static force that do not move (similar to Ancients). Each sector they control has a random number of ships or starbases and has population cubes on all planets. Each player is trying to score points by clearing as many Planta cubes as possible. Highest number at end of rounds wins.

These are a few examples off the top of my head. I can think of some more later with extra detail if you guys want...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
demonhanz demonhanz
msg tools
mb
Also, I think this thread should be moved over to the Variants section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.