Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone give me some guidance on creating scenarios and some help in how I can managed the difficulty level and keeping things 'playable'?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite all the advice you may get, it will always come down to dropping the counters on the board and playing it, to see if its balanced. And having mentioned the evil "balance", a good scenario may not be balanced. An unfair fight can be fun (as long as both sides know that going in)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FNH1 wrote:
And having mentioned the evil "balance", a good scenario may not be balanced. An unfair fight can be fun (as long as both sides know that going in)

Ah, good point!! Thanks for the reply
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I designed my scenarios I thought of the idea, grabbed a bunch of counters, dropped them on the map and played. If things were too-one way drop in a few more counters. That was it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give it a whirl!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I did was read some accounts of the battle the scenario was portraying. I wanted the V&V scenario to capture the same "feel". Put another way, if you view a battle as a "story" of sorts (which I do) - when played, I tried to make sure the narrative of the scenario would be similar - or a least could be similar to the narrative of actual events. Without locking the players in too much. (i.e. I didn't want the scenario to play the players).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.