8 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is this correct? [Influence] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Weiss
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a hex with my ship, my opponent's disc, and some of my opponent's cubes. Since only I have a ship there, can I use the influence action to place my disc there, removing my opponent's objects in that hex, and then colonize any planets there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HotDave wrote:
There is a hex with my ship, my opponent's disc, and some of my opponent's cubes. Since only I have a ship there, can I use the influence action to place my disc there, removing my opponent's objects in that hex, and then colonize any planets there?

No. You have to shoot his cubes off first (ie destroy them) either by firing on them and scoring enough hits and damage to kill them all, or by using the neutron bomb, in which case they are automatically blown off. This occurs after all combats between ships by all players. Once this is done, THEN your opponent's influence disc is removed and then you can place your influence disc on that hex.

All of this is clearly explained (with examples) on pages 20-21 of the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If the other player is "Planta" you automagically have neutron bombs against them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j_holmes wrote:
If the other player is "Planta" you automagically have neutron bombs against them.

Even if they are, you still have to wait until the combat phase before you can clear them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Koskinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding planetary bombing, if you have a plasma/antimatter cannon (and no neutron bombs), does one hit remove 2/4 opponent cubes from that hex or just one? The rulebook says damage if recall correctly, but it's pretty odd flavor that one shot from a cannon could decimate population from two different planets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Padish wrote:
Regarding planetary bombing, if you have a plasma/antimatter cannon (and no neutron bombs), does one hit remove 2/4 opponent cubes from that hex or just one? The rulebook says damage if recall correctly, but it's pretty odd flavor that one shot from a cannon could decimate population from two different planets.

1 cube per damage point, so yes antimatter cannons matter...

Meaning technology matters in wiping out the unfortunate critters...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Tamminen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Padish wrote:
it's pretty odd flavor that one shot from a cannon could decimate population from two different planets.

We always assumed that with a better cannon you need less hits per planet, thus making plasma/antimatter cannons able to wipe more than one planet. I mean, they probably shoot more than once, but to make things smoother, you only roll once. Of course if you roll a 1 with an antimatter cannon and cause 0 damage, it makes you wonder if anything makes sense anymore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lumivarjo wrote:
Padish wrote:
it's pretty odd flavor that one shot from a cannon could decimate population from two different planets.

We always assumed that with a better cannon you need less hits per planet, thus making plasma/antimatter cannons able to wipe more than one planet. I mean, they probably shoot more than once, but to make things smoother, you only roll once. Of course if you roll a 1 with an antimatter cannon and cause 0 damage, it makes you wonder if anything makes sense anymore

I don't really think it is just 1 shot of course, in the same way that a couple of missiles can kill a dreadnought. Combat in Eclipse (as in many games) is just an abstraction of an event. 1 die roll represents a flurry of events and not just 1 shot from a gun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.