Popular Tags: [View All]
Blair
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay so just moved to Trans(trash?)cona a couple months ago. This is the wife's stomping grounds where I'm originally from River Park South.

Anywho, Gameknight is a little further away than it used to be, and Explore Store on Henderson is long since gone.. Is there anything remotely similar these days in my neck of the woods?

- B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
https://rpggeek.com/blog/6320
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a small consolation prize, I often luck out popping into that Value Village for used games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pendragon on main and churchill?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will have to check that out. Kinda want to find Banzai! for very cheap.

Are there any places that have open gaming? I know I missed out on Jimcon due to work.

Just too bad some of these comic stores like Galaxy are only MTG focused.

I may just have to suck it up and make the drive to Gameknight more often. Not that bad a drive when it isn't rush hour thanks to Provencher, it just would be nice if there was a closer gaming place.

Edit: buh iPhone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mickall
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Galaxy does have board gaming in the upstairs - but as you pointed out boardgaming is not the focus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You should ask Galaxy; I think they have a day that is for general boardgames. There's also Imagine downtown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Transcona is kinda out there :-)

Legiocon is coming February 13-14 - mark your calender. It is mostly miniatures - if you're willing to make the trek I'd certainly love to get in a match of Claustrophobia and see your repaints.

As well (and a bit of a drive), the 17 Wing club meets the second and fourth Thur of the month

https://sites.google.com/site/17wingstratgame/Home

But really, I think you are going to have make your own group :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driptorch
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may find this geeklist entry useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TnT! wrote:

Coming from the man in deepest Westwood, that's kind of hilarious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
We're not a store, but the Winnipeg Board Game Club hosts a free open gaming even on the third Saturday of every month. Our current venue is the University of Winnipeg, room 1L06. The event runs from noon until 11:00pm. Next event is on December 15th. You're more than welcome to attend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TnT! wrote:

Legiocon is coming February 13-14 - mark your calender. It is mostly miniatures - if you're willing to make the trek I'd certainly love to get in a match of Claustrophobia and see your repaints.

As well (and a bit of a drive), the 17 Wing club meets the second and fourth Thur of the month

https://sites.google.com/site/17wingstratgame/Home

But really, I think you are going to have make your own group :-)

I don't have Claustrophobia so you may be confusing me with someone else.
And yeah I guess once I have the bar and tables set up in the basement I'll have to start my own gaming group if I want to game out here.. Or just learn how to play the money sink that is MtG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:
We're not a store, but the Winnipeg Board Game Club hosts a free open gaming even on the third Saturday of every month. Our current venue is the University of Winnipeg, room 1L06. The event runs from noon until 11:00pm. Next event is on December 15th. You're more than welcome to attend.

I'll definitely look into that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can find people who are willing to "play the system", there are ways to play Magic that don't cost a lot of money. For example, I have quite a few decks, so I can play with other people who will just one of my decks and not have to buy their own cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duong Phu
Canada
Winnipeg
Manioba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:
If you can find people who are willing to "play the system", there are ways to play Magic that don't cost a lot of money. For example, I have quite a few decks, so I can play with other people who will just one of my decks and not have to buy their own cards.

Magic for the most part is a money sink if you want to be competitive. Otherwise like you say its cheap to just get cards from old sets and go nuts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Koop
msg tools
Hey man! We just started a north winnipeg focused open gaming night called BOARD.

Check us out at facebook.com/boardcommunity

We run once a month right now, but will probably step up to twice a week starting in fall!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.