Hide
7 Posts

Ticket to Ride» Forums » Rules

Subject: Destination card draw rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Cohen
msg tools
Te friends who taught us this game said the onky time you can draws new destination cards is when you complete all your routes. My readng of the rules says this is not the case, you can take three anytfime you want and you dont have to announce when a route is done. Am i reading this correctly or are my friends?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can draw new destinations at anytime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave VanderArk
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam1Cohen wrote:
Te friends who taught us this game said the onky time you can draws new destination cards is when you complete all your routes. My readng of the rules says this is not the case, you can take three anytfime you want and you dont have to announce when a route is done. Am i reading this correctly or are my friends?

You can draw new tickets (destination cards) any time you want. It is one of the three things you can do on your turn.

You do not announce when a route is done. Nobody should know what routes you are trying to complete.

Your friends are wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact it is often beneficial to draw destinations earlier. It helps you be more efficient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David Vander Ark wrote:
Sam1Cohen wrote:

Your friends are wrong.

With friends like this who needs enemies? gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam1Cohen wrote:
When in doubt, read the rules. You've done the right thing. On this question there is nothing in the rules that is unclear.

(summarized from the rules:)

The Game Turn
On his turn, a player must perform one (and only one) of the following three actions:

- Draw Train Car Cards
- Claim a Route
- Draw Destination Tickets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cohen
msg tools
Thanks all, I was 99.99999999999+% sure I was correct. The wife and I and our gaming friends have been playing this the correct way and having tons of fun.
NExt time I play with the other group I will 'splain it to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.