M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

should a river, that seperates one Island in 2 pieces on 1 hex, taking into account when looking at the reproduction step or the bonus award step after exploring?

For example: 1 red meeple is standing on an island. This island is seperated by a river. On the same hex is therefore another island, on which another red meeple is standing. So both meeples are seperated from each other and can only meet eachother based on a convoy.
Question: Those 2 red meeples are on 1 hex. Concerning the reproduction action it is possible that an additional meeple can be placed on the hex, since there are only 2 red meeples on it. Correct?!
From a logical point of view it`s a little bit "laggy" since there is the river between both of them and if there is no additional boat on that tile a convoy would not be possible, that would bring those 2 meeples together in order to get a child and to get a third meeple.

Similar case but now it`s the exploration step: I`m placing a new tile on the board/table. This tile, like in the case above, consists of 2 island, that are seperated by a river. I´m placing now 1 meeple on 1 island. The other island is empty. Both islands on this tile do have ressources (1 on each island). Am i correct, that I also can earn the ressource from the other island although I´m not on this island, meaning my meeple is standing on the other island?
I`m almost sure that it is the case, since I would also get 1 reessource and 1 ressource to the bank, if I only would travel with the boat on this new piece......but I´m not 100% sure....

So many thank in advance for helping me out of these 2 specific cases

Regards
Mario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The two meeples cannot reproduce if they are separated by a river.

You have to be able to move to the resource space to harvest without using a migration action so you cannot harvest both in this case.

See here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/863623/narrows-workers-r...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah...ok...thnx for the link...but how is it while exploring? Can I get any ressource from the new tile no matter, whether I came with a ship (...and put 1 cow to the market and 1 cow to my personal supply) OR whether I take both resources from 2 different regions, that are located on 1 tile.

So harvesting is clear....but how is it after the exploration step? Do I ot the bank only gets those ressources, which are "in reach"? So e.g. a ship can only get fishes as a ressource... or 2 ressources on 2 different regions:

The scenario:
1 food on 1 island /// river /// 1 food on 1 island

After exploring I´m placing 1 meeple on 1 tile. This would subsequently lead to the situaution, that I have to place 1 food to the bank. Do I get the other food to my personel supply although there is now meeple on the island?
Or same scenario but I`m coming with my boat. Do I get both foods (1 to bank and 1 to my supply) although I´m coming with the boat, which is usually only able to harvest fishes...

Regards
Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Ferrari
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The position of the meeple when exploring has no effect on the cube you obtain (i.e. you get the resource regardless the meeple is on the right or wrong part of the narrow).

As the author specified, the resources which you obtain after the exploration are harvested by natives and offered to you by them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
perfect!

Thnx to both of you for the fast reply.

now it`s clear. thumbsup

Regards
Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.