Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Two Bridges - $11.85, Wooden case w/ clasp, felt lined bottoms rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Gagnon
msg tools
The actual game is a bit simplistic for gamers here, but it gets excellent ratings with a more mainstream audience at Amazon.

Of greater interest to BGG gamers is the wooden case the game comes in. It serves as a nice travel case for a variety of small games and also doubles as a dice tray. The only downside is that the "bridge" portion of the game is built into the case (the bridge is composed of wooden blocks that are rotated on a rod to stand up the bridge). This takes up about a half of the game's interior space. Some Amazon reviewers complained about difficulty closing the case due to bridge pieces swinging open while the lid was closed. I solved the problem with an elastic spanning all the pieces on the box lid. I won't bother trying to remove the bridge.
http://www.amazon.com/Discovery-Bay-Games-1118-Bridges/dp/B0...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
looks like a backgammon case without the backgammon board pattern...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Rodriguez
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, more words here.
badge
This is overtext. Man, what an awesome use of 100 geekgold! :)
mbmbmbmbmb

I've also seen these at a home decoration store called The Alley, at $9.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about the pieces being attached by a metal rod.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually added this to my Amazon cart as an impulse buy/recommendation last week (was a whole 20 cents cheaper at $11.65!). It arrived yesterday - quality is very nice.

I'm pretty sure it was on my recommendation list because I had previously bought Shut The Box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Gagnon
msg tools
I bought my copy as an impulse purchase at a Tuesday Morning store over a year ago. After opening it up and reading the rules, the game got set aside and forgotten about.

I'd been looking for an inexpensive dice tray, but the dedicated ones I saw at Amazon were pricey and small. After seeing the idea of using a shadowbox as a dice tray, I looked at them at Michaels and the ones I was interested in didn't look easy to get the glass out of. It was hard to tell, with the plastic over-wrap, whether it was actually felt on the bottom of just a printed paper backing. I passed on buying a shadowbox till I could read more here on the easiest way to convert it to a dice tray. Then I started thinking that I'd prefer a tray that could also be used to transport dice and game components and didn't have any luck finding an inexpensive solution for that purpose.

Then I stumbled on this game again while doing some cleaning and quickly realized that it was the answer to having a dice tray that I can travel with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.