Popular Tags: [View All]
Mustafa Ünlü
United States
Takoma Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So, if you wanted to replace that mage card with something three dimensional, it turns out that there are a whole lot of prepainted fantasy minis to choose from. I probably did not manage to find the ideal ones, but after about one hour spent looking at various offerings, I alighted upon these.

Each was about 4-6 bucks, with shipping the total came in at slightly under 30 bucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delta 5.56
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DnD minis?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does the Beastmaster have to look like a moose?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mustafa Ünlü
United States
Takoma Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsh4u2 wrote:
DnD minis?

The Warlock is the "Warforged Wizard", the Beastmaster is "Druid of Obad-Hai", and the Wizard is "Tomebound Arcanist." These are DnD minis.

The Priestess is "Seoni, Human Sorcerer" from Pathfinder Battles miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mustafa Ünlü
United States
Takoma Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
Why does the Beastmaster have to look like a moose?

He doesn't, I suppose. But that was the only "druid" mini that I could find that even came close to looking like he could be a Beastmaster. One could probably find a better figure if one spent more time looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The second expansion is going to have a Druid mage. I think I would've went with someone more rangerish, maybe without a bow, and just painted his clothes green. But at least you have a great Druid. Did you paint them all yourself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mustafa Ünlü
United States
Takoma Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
The second expansion is going to have a Druid mage. I think I would've went with someone more rangerish, maybe without a bow, and just painted his clothes green. But at least you have a great Druid. Did you paint them all yourself?

These came painted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah nice. Did you find them all at one store or did you have to eBay separately? I'm curious because I'd like to take a look around too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
If you guys think about it, this really is a mini's game... Each creature/conjuration should be a mini....

Only problem is its not cost feasable for either us or Arcane Wonders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sterling
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... I never even thought about minis but you're 100% right!

I think I know what I'm doing with my Bones Miniatures in March
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mustafa Ünlü
United States
Takoma Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike1977 wrote:
If you guys think about it, this really is a mini's game... Each creature/conjuration should be a mini....

Only problem is its not cost feasable for either us or Arcane Wonders.

You are right, there is no reason (other than cost) that we should not be able to replace all creatures with minis. Having said that, I could see using minis for the legendary creatures in addition to the mages, at little extra cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Matecha
United States
Florence
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So would you use ONLY minis in the Arena, keeping the cards to the side for reference as in many other games such as Heroscape or would you place the mini directly on each card over the portrait and move card and mini together?

Heroscape and Mage Knight minis may also serve being pre-painted and inexpensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
twesterm
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a fun idea, especially since I love mini's. :-D

I think my biggest worry would be getting which creature is what confused. Is that wolf the one that has already used his action or is that the one I told to guard?

Any easy answer is to use the Alea Tools magnetic markers!
http://www.aleatools.com/

I use these for DnD and they're great. Mark one players creatures with red and another with blue. If they're guarding, use another color (essentially have a separate color marker for each status effect). If there are multiple, give them a number with the edge markers.

If you really wanted to be fancy you could even use markers to denote if they have actions left or not, but that would get a little annoying constantly taking them on and off like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcane Wonders should totally release minis for the mages, even if they're unpainted. I'd gladly paint a set of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.