Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just would like to know what other people do when the line from one figure to another goes across the corner of two squares.
just where they meet in the corner.

do you count both or what

thx
Amos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
EXACTLY across the vertex, count only the to/from squares as applicable. But if it crosses any bit of the others, you count them as well. I guess you could game it to try and cross exact, but likely it will spill over a bit into one o the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thx for quick reply
we had it bang on the cross of four squares and the soilders where in the corners.

Amos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I believe you are supposed to count one of the squares but choose the square with the lowest or no modifier, whichever is more beneficial. I could have sworn seeing that in the rules somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pseudonym
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Rules 1.72 Page 10:

"All squares cut by the line of sight are counted in the distance. (In the rare cases where the line is exactly on the corners use the square or Landmark with the lowest modifiers for the checks being conducted.)"

Good memory Greg.

-Jeff M.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanomag wrote:
From Rules 1.72 Page 10:

"All squares cut by the line of sight are counted in the distance. (In the rare cases where the line is exactly on the corners use the square or Landmark with the lowest modifiers for the checks being conducted.)"
I thought the whole cutting corners thing was a little silly and so I house ruled that if the LoS was within "about a dog tag" from the corner/intersection the modifiers beneficial to the target of the four tiles would be used.

Note that I am not a tournament player, I just like the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Hanomag wrote:
From Rules 1.72 Page 10:

I thought the whole cutting corners thing was a little silly and so I house ruled that if the LoS was within "about a dog tag" from the corner/intersection the modifiers beneficial to the target of the four tiles would be used.

But what if LOS passes through 3 of those 4 tiles, are you going to only use 1 modifier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Remember that I am only talking about just "nicking" the corner of several tiles. From a "counting the inches" standpoint it works better. for me.

It is an "on the spot" decision but has not been much of an issue in my few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Billings
United States
Upperco
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Hanomag wrote:
From Rules 1.72 Page 10:

I like your way of handling corners. And your spirit of play is right on the money. When we wrote the rules for competitive play we had to make sure the questionable case had an answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need a final point to check a line from ,go from the hole in each dog tags

Amos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Billings wrote:
martimer wrote:
Hanomag wrote:
From Rules 1.72 Page 10:

I like your way of handling corners. And your spirit of play is right on the money. When we wrote the rules for competitive play we had to make sure the questionable case had an answer.
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.