Subject: DWSSG Wiki Sneaky Peek rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it's the start of December, I thought I'd let you see what we've been working on and what we've got in store for 2013...

http://dwssg.averyniceplace.de/wiki

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
2018 - The Year of the Miniatures
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice!
My Who friends are going to lose their minds when I tell them about this :p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mrcoolranch wrote:
Very nice!
My Who friends are going to lose their minds when I tell them about this

Spread the word....!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dean
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks terrific so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Loftus
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love it!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some more 'sneaky peeks' have been added...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dean
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! I'm always a sucker for some classic content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P P
msg tools
Only 4 days left!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A thought occurs: If everyone played a game and wrote a session report in the next two days, would that give Simon the inspiration and drive he needs to finish on schedule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
A thought occurs: If everyone played a game and wrote a session report in the next two days, would that give Simon the inspiration and drive he needs to finish on schedule?

That would sure help! laugh

Check out the blog today for more news...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
2 more days to go now before we go live on the Wiki!

And I've just seen the first few days of our '12 Doctors of Christmas' laugh

You're in for a treat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slapped a tenner on my mobile broadband hub, so I'm ready to go. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny W
United States
Long Lake
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I have no idea how the Wiki game version works, and time will tell; for now I was at the "reconfiguration" and thank you for your hard work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr
Poland
flag msg tools
How exactly is the Wiki supposed to work? Will we be able to register our own accounts and later log in to them and have them customised to our interests? Will there be some way to record stuff directly to the Wiki or create a Character there so that we click on Traits and they are automatically written down or something? I'm not trying to sound intrusive or anything, just wanted to know. Right now I see that I can freely jump between anything on the page and that is already something that makes this Wiki a terrific achievement (and I will certainly be using it), but I don't know if I may be missing some functions or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Patience - you must learn - no, wait, wrong licence...

ALL (and I do mean ALL) of what you want, and have just mentioned will be possible.

The Wiki is being worked on constantly and all these things will be introduced as we go through 2013!

Plus lots more surprises too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So, apparently it went live. Anybody knows how to register an account there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
schizoid wrote:
So, apparently it went live. Anybody knows how to register an account there?

You can't 'regsietr an acount' yet - at the moment it's just the basic gamebooks plus a few extras.

But it will all come, over 2013...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr
Poland
flag msg tools
Well, that's great. I will patiently wait for all new functions. Right now I'm going to set up an Adventure and play it on Wiki, it certainly is the most accessible way to do it. Great job and I hope more and more people will start playing this as the Wiki will be growing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P P
msg tools
Yeah, it's the most accessible and comfortable way to play the game. Congratulations for the great job!

I can't way to see the future features that are planned to be included.
And congratulations once again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Avery
Germany
Pennigsehl
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for all the positive wiki feedback - it makes everything seem worthwhile! I'm not on BGG that often, so here is a full response to most of the comments I've just read in this thread!

A few words on the technicalities of the wiki universe...

At the moment, you have access to all the core booklets, fully linked and cross-referenced, so no more page flipping, scrolling through PDF files on-screen and trying to remember which page you came from and went to!

TIP: Open new browser windows to keep the adventure, enemy and the encounter matrix on-screen for even easier travelling through space and time!

The basic idea was to faithfully wikify all the existing material. We've done that and added sounds and additional graphics when it made sense. Now we've got all the basics up and running, we can continue optimizing the pages for the wiki experience and get rid of any restrictions due to overall length, layout and printed page references to paragraphs 'above' or 'below' and also re-write the text to get away from any other physical booklet references.

Most of the additional features people are looking for are in the works. Allowing, amongst other things, games to be played, with a dice roller, and saved within the wiki.

Registration is not required to play the core game. The Login button you can see in the top corner, is for the wiki administrators, authors, designers and for the merry band of testers to get pre-release access and give feedback on new areas.

The wiki pages take the place of the original PDF booklets. But you still need paper, pen and a couple of 6-sided dice, you are playing the same game many of you know and love!

Registration will be enabled once we've got all the extra features up and running. Depending on what you want to do with the wiki you might login to play the game and save your status for the next session. Or login to contribute new layouts and page templates for anyone to select. Or login to read game session logs created by other registered players. We might even allow game expansions to be directly contributed by you, the players, we shall see! But, and it's a big BUT, before we go that far, we have 26 existing expansion booklets to fully wikify and optimize for your gaming pleasure!

So first, enjoy the core booklets in the wiki format. The 1st Doctor is coming very soon and he brings with him the ability for the wiki to seamlessly change pages to fit with your current adventure and Doctor. At least, that's the plan - so I'd better get going!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hey Neil! Congrats and great respect for this amazing work.
I wonder, what are your plans for an offline usage option? Like, will it be possible to get a complete copy of the wiki for use on a local computer? Also, would it be okay to download all the pages with something like wget?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recall Simon or Neil saying that the wiki will be available for download onto a USB stick. This is no doubt on the 'to do list' scheduled for a later point once building the wiki game system has been accomplished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You really DON'T want to miss what's coming over on the Wiki later on today...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.