Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Panzer (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: No Command - Remove existing Spot/Move/Fire marker? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is covered somewhere in the rules but I couldn't find it.

If a unit is given a 'No Command' order but is carrying a Spot/Move/Fire marker from the previous turn, is that marker removed during the current Adjust/Remove Counter step of the Adjustment Phase?

Or is it retained, as the unit had previously Moved/Fired?

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'll try my skills at mastering rules

No, you don't remove Spot markers at that phase.

In any case, you would do it at the spotting phase if and only if no enemy unit spots your unit. This spotting phase exists at the beginning just to assign "fire" orders in the forthcoming Direct Fire Phase. Spotting checks are also made when resolving Overwatch Fire either right after Direct AP fire or during Movement phase.

AFAIK, Asignning a N/C command doesn't make enemy units forget your vehicle. As long as it is spotted by any other enemy unit on the board, you carry your last Spot/Fire or Spot/Move marker. The latter is specially important in the AP Hit table, as a moving target is more difficult to hit and gets a -2 rows modfier.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
warrafael wrote:
... AFAIK, Asignning a N/C command doesn't make enemy units forget your vehicle. As long as it is spotted by any other enemy unit on the board, you carry your last Spot/Fire or Spot/Move marker.


Hmmm, that's what I was leaning towards; it was previously seen/spotted moving/firing. Would it become harder to spot because it wasn't doing anything that turn?

The Spot/Move/Fire markers only affect Spotting Ranges though, they don't affect the AP Hit table. But like you say a target that has an 'order' to Move, or Short Halt, is more difficult to hit and incurs the -2 modifier.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kappa_ap wrote:

Hmmm, that's what I was leaning towards; it was previously seen/spotted moving/firing. Would it become harder to spot because it wasn't doing anything that turn?

I asked myself the same. However, I have not found any comments supporting this in the BGG. On the contrary, they insist on the continuity of the effect, unless you lose spotting.

Kappa_ap wrote:

The Spot/Move/Fire markers only affect Spotting Ranges though, they don't affect the AP Hit table. But like you say a target that has an 'order' to Move, or Short Halt, is more difficult to hit and incurs the -2 modifier.

Thank you very much ! I was doing wrong with this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.