Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stellarsynergy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hello,

quick questions:

1. Is Norsca adjacent to The Empire or Bretonnia?

2. Is Kislev adjacent to Norsca?

3. Is Troll Country Adjacent to The Empire?

I'm not sure how to interpret the grayish area of the map. Would Norsca be like an island?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Norsca is only adjacent to the Troll Country

The grey area is the sea, the borders are the blood red lines.

Likewise The Badlands is only adjacent to The Border Princes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
From another thread...

For those that need a little more "euro map" to understand what is adjacent to what...

/ \ / \
/ \ / \
/ 1 \ / 1 \
| | Troll |
| Norsca X Country |
| | |
\ / \ / \
\ / \ X \
\ / \ / 3 \
| |
| Kislev |
| |
/ \ / \ / \ (pop) /
/ \ / \ / X /
/ 4 \ / 3 \ / 5 \ /
| | | The |
| Estalia X Bretonnia X Empire |
| | | |
\ (pop) / \ (pop) / \ (pop) /
\ X \ / \ /
\ / 2 \ / 1 \ /
| | The |
| Tilea X Border |
| | Princes |
\ / \ / \
\ / \ X \
\ / \ / 1 \
| The |
| Badlands |
| |
\ /
\ /
\ /

# = Default Region Value
X = Arrow for Resolution Order
(pop) = Populous Region
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b p
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, wait. I was under the impression that regions were only adjacent to those regions that they shared an arrow with. For instance, Bretonnia is not adjacent to Tilea even though their borders are touching since the arrow from Bretonnia goes to Estalia.

I read that somewhere in the past and I have been playing that way for quite a while. Is Bretonnia adjacent to Tilea or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chee Kiam Lim
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never played adjacency as you mentioned before!

Zhiqian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
illrepute wrote:
So, wait. I was under the impression that regions were only adjacent to those regions that they shared an arrow with. For instance, Bretonnia is not adjacent to Tilea even though their borders are touching since the arrow from Bretonnia goes to Estalia.

I read that somewhere in the past and I have been playing that way for quite a while. Is Bretonnia adjacent to Tilea or not?

The arrows only serve as a simple reminder of the order that actions are carried out from region to region. When it comes to adjacency, any areas that share a red border are considered to be touching ... so in the diagram above, Bretonnia is adjacent to: Estalia, Empire, Tilea, Border Princes. And Norsca is adjacent only to Troll Country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stellarsynergy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
thanks guys, especially brian (coltsfan76).

That clears up a lot of what I was wondering. Where exactly did you find that map? Is there somewhere that says that's what the official map looks like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex H.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
welcome your reptilian overlords!
mbmbmbmbmb
illrepute wrote:

Wow, I can only imagine how crappily the game must play with this rule
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
Stellarsynergy wrote:

That clears up a lot of what I was wondering. Where exactly did you find that map? Is there somewhere that says that's what the official map looks like?

The map is from a BGG user (or ColtsFan76 himself, I'm not sure).

There is no "official" rundown of the map anywhere, but if you just remember the rule that two regions are only adjacent when they share one of those red, infected-scar-tissue-looking lines between them, then it will come out looking like that.

The line between Norsca and Troll Country is somewhat obscured by the arrow, but Norsca has to connect somewhere, so it is pretty much self evident that a line has to be there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Stellarsynergy wrote:

I created this map a long time ago and this is my 2nd reposting of it to answer questions like this.

It is not "official" since it was not produced by FFG. But I can assure you it is correct. I have been involved in the "support" team (for lack of a better word) of this since its release at GenCon several years ago and worked on the expansion and FAQ. So my understanding was run by the designer/developers so I know it is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.