5 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Automated Play By Forum BSG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BSG [+] [View All]
Dwayne Elizondo
Denmark
flag msg tools
Since January I have on and off been working on an Automated Play By Forum BSG - base game (Yes, I need a cool name for the project).

I have had some of my friends help me test it, and now I think it is ready for a closed beta, which is why I would like to invite 10 of you to come help me beta test the game.

As a beta tester your main job is to play the game the way it is supposed to be played – and in every other way, by screwing with my code; e.g. trying to give an XO to a guy in a different game, discarding the same card 3 times and so on. I can’t come up with all the ways you can try to cheat the game, so this is where I need the help of others.

As for now, the project is closed off to the public since it’s using the graphics provided by FFG. I haven’t been able to get in contact with FFG, so my goal is to make the game into a clone, using user created graphics, texts, names and such.

Therefore I’m also looking for people who will be willing to do some graphics and make our own version of every token, game board, character and such.

I also believe that I won’t be able to reuse the characters of BSG. I therefore figure I want to give people a chance at becoming the cloned version of which ever character they want.

If you want to be immortalized as the face of the cloned version of say Apollo, then take a picture of yourself, Photoshop in a nice pilot-outfit and send the picture plus a name-suggestion of the character to me.

Lastly, if you can provide pro bono legal counseling regarding IPR I would also like to hear from you. I don’t want this game to infringe on any property rights, but I also want to people to have the feeling that they know the characters and the universe.

If any of this caught your interest please write me a message describing how you would like to help, and (if possible) what your background is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Camacho2tm wrote:
As a beta tester your main job is to play the game the way it is supposed to be played – and in every other way, by screwing with my code; e.g. trying to give an XO to a guy in a different game, discarding the same card 3 times and so on. I can’t come up with all the ways you can try to cheat the game, so this is where I need the help of others.
Is this something we can do solo, or do we need a 'multiplayer' environment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Elizondo
Denmark
flag msg tools
It's a multiplayer game - i haven't looked into coding an AI, but i guess that could be put on the road map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to help but I'm expecting a fairly busy next few months. If you need more assistance or guinea pigs in the future, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Elizondo
Denmark
flag msg tools
I could still use more testers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.