Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
United Kingdom
Worthing
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim,

Sorry it's taken me a few days to get back to you here ... real life gets in the way eh?!

Good questions, and I'm pleased you're enjoying the game. Looking at the charts etc, I think that this can be cleared up by the combat modifiers chart deleting the two -2s relating to terrain and replacing them with:

-2 if attacking terrain as shown on the terrain chart (p17)

That chart is clearer on which terrain affects which unit types. I've marked this up on my 'master' copy.

I have intentionally made a few different types of terrain affect different troop types in different ways, but if you feel that a consistent approach makes for a better game, please do so. I was trying to throw up different challenges for players based on terrain types and do see a difference between attacking a wall/hedge and a ditch, but know that won't work for everyone. I agree with your comments about woods.

Terrain modifiers should be culmulative, so if you're attacking uphill against a wall you'll need to throw LPs at it you you potentially have -4 dice.

To answer your questions:

1) No (but if your modification works better for you, play that rather than as written)
2) Yes
3) They are not separate from the modifiers, but terrain types are culmulative

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.