Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Ryan
United States
Westminster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just began my first game (solo to learn the rules). Scenario 1.
In the Axis hand was an Artillery Request. I think this is a great start, then it dawns on me that I don't have a radio. So I think I'll get a radio. Then it begins to dawn on me that if I don't start with a radio, I cannot ever get one. Is this correct? I don't see how a radio can ever come into play other than by being called out by the scenario. Or am I missing something?
Love the game. But I need a radio to call in a strike on those pesky Russkies. Which happens to also be me, as this is solo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of events that can let you get a radio, and the defender has the Hidden Unit action (which I believe can get a radio, although I am not 100%). Usually you will only get a radio if the scenario allows, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask yourself: is a radio a unit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, the only way to acquire a radio after the start of play is with the 'reinforcements' event.

Hidden Unit, and other actions and events, only allow a 'unit' as a choice, and a radio doesn't qualify. In CC:Europe, only squads, teams, and leaders are 'units'.

Welcome to the game, Nat Whilk !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ryan
United States
Westminster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Chick! And thank you, David and Cyrus. I think I am going to love this game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So if the scenario does not have one side starting with a radio, all of your artillery related cads are a waste...right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
wookie1 wrote:
So if the scenario does not have one side starting with a radio, all of your artillery related cads are a waste...right?

Not always...the actions might be useful to you. Granted most are defender only actions, there are DIG IN actions that you could use during a TIME! trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
wookie1 wrote:

Not always...the actions might be useful to you. Granted most are defender only actions, there are DIG IN actions that you could use during a TIME! trigger.

They are also not a waste if you acquire a radio after the scenario starts of course...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hidden Radio.

"...getting colder, colder, cold, warm, warmer, gotcha!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.