Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, BSG fans, here's Blood and Chrome, as SyFy is, for now, releasing it on-line. So far, this looks pretty good! (sorry if this has been posted already, but I did not see it around here):

Hopefully this gets picked up for television, but regardless, I'm enjoying it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sat and watched all eight 'mini' episodes. Apparently, the final 10 minute segment will be online in Dec 7th. Also, it seems that they will televise this entire pilot episode in February! Man, I hope they turn this into a full fledged series - I loved BSG (Caprica, not so much).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice stuff! I'm looking forward to the finale on Dec 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McPhee
Scotland
Glasgow/ Elgin/ Ullapool (Garve)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosh, that's actually very exciting. I loved BSG and this looks really good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmb
They have pretty much said they aren't going to pick it up. It would have to do extremely well on the web and the premiere in February. They barely released it on the web as its been done for over a year now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
They have pretty much said they aren't going to pick it up. It would have to do extremely well on the web and the premiere in February. They barely released it on the web as its been done for over a year now.

Now, there's another side to this story. David Eick, in a recent interview, denied those stories about SyFy not picking up the pilot for a series. He said the press got the story wrong, and that it was always the intention to premiere B&C on the web first, followed by a TV airing, and then, eventually, a series. Now, this may be revisionist history, but I choose to believe Eick when he says this, and therefore my hopes are definitely up that this show will get produced. I mean, it isn't as "SyFy" as, say, wrasslin' or ghost hunting, but I think it might fly! devil

Here's the interview - judge for yourselves...

http://collider.com/david-eick-battlestar-galactica-blood-ch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mbmbmb
Hmm...everything I read was from a SyFy executive himself. I guess we will see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
Hmm...everything I read was from a SyFy executive himself. I guess we will see.

Wow, so many stereotypes in one 12-minute episode. Still kind of enjoyed it, but pretty predictable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't understand why anyone would watch anything with the BSG name after the last episode of the series.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice . . .

YMMV
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nycavri wrote:
Can't understand why anyone would watch anything with the BSG name after the last episode of the series.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice . . .

YMMV

See, that doesn't even matter to me, because regardless of the answers provided in the last episode of BSG (which, by the way, I was OK with), it couldn't impact the entertainment value that I derived from the entire series. Nothing that happened in that finale undid the enjoyment I experienced watching so many amazing episodes, from the original pilot movie, through all the seasons. In the same way, if BSG-B&C can deliver that kind of entertainment on a regular basis (and this pilot is definitely encouraging to me in that regard), I'm happy, no matter how they wrap it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was rather cool seeing the Galactica's hangar full of Vipers, stacked and being shunted around, and even that shot in the first episode, where there's like four or five Battle Stars and swarms of Vipers moving out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
COMPNOR wrote:
I thought it was rather cool seeing the Galactica's hangar full of Vipers, stacked and being shunted around, and even that shot in the first episode, where there's like four or five Battle Stars and swarms of Vipers moving out.

Yeah, totally agree. I think it would be cool to see a BSG series like B&C where the human military is still on relatively even terms with the Cylons, and where possibly pitched fleet battles might be brought to life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
So . . . is this set of 10-minute episodes the same as the movie that's going to be aired on SyFy? Or are these a lead-in to the movie?

Drew - I'm pretty sure these 10-minute episodes are in fact the same as the movie that is slated to air in February. Of course, they still have time to add some more bits to it, so maybe the TV version will have some extra features.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
So . . . is this set of 10-minute episodes the same as the movie that's going to be aired on SyFy? Or are these a lead-in to the movie?

It's the same. People who watch the interweb basically get a sneak peek. It'll be aired in Feb, and I think comes out on DVD 2/19 or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.