Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim P.
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm used to playing lots of Dominion, and I'd probably prefer Intrigue over Base as a stand-alone for that. Might as well skip over the more vanilla cards and get to the more interesting stuff, I feel. I'd like to play this with my game group, and will only bring one box...would it work to just bring Expanding the House over the base set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either set is well-playable on it's own, and in fact I'd say that unlike Dominion and Intrigue, ETH isn't really more complicated or interesting than TC, just different. The base game is slightly more interactive than the expansion, in fact, thanks to the Event cards, although ETH does have some - like the Private Maid you buy for someone else's chambers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye, all three sets (I'm not including Motto Tanto Cuore) are different.
Oddly, the highest interaction between players is in the base set, while Doki Doki Vacation seems the least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each of the three sets has it's own "gimmick," so to speak.

Events for the base.
Expanding the House has the Estates.
Romantic Vacation has the Reminisce cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nachazar Abriel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Personally, I actually like Expanding the House better than the base set if only one is involved. I am not a fan of Bad Habits and I think the options provided by buildings make the game more interesting. I think the Private Maids in Expanding the House are also more interesting than the base set ones. For the General Maids, however, I tend to like the base set crew better, but it's most fun to have both groups available.

Each set is well designed to be completely playable on its own, but there are certainly fun interactions to be had when combining them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.