Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Hamilton
United States
Canton
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to play but I have been accumulating ships in preparation for a Christmas get together. So far I have the base set as well as 1 each of the TIE Advanced, Y-Wing, and the X-Wing expansions. I want to add 2 more expansion ships before the get together but I'm not sure what else to get. I'm not sure about the TIE Fighter expansion because I already have 2 of them for the base set. Would 1 more X-Wing and 1 more TIE Advanced be a good choice? Perhaps an X-wing and a TIE Fighter? What would be the best choice? Is the TIE Fighter expansion worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would get a TIE and another Tie Advanced. The pilots that come with the TIE pack are pretty slick. But ultimately, another core set would be ideal as well, especially at an online discounter, but that's for later

Cheers,

Jacovis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
I would get a TIE and another Tie Advanced. The pilots that come with the TIE pack are pretty slick. But ultimately, another core set would be ideal as well, especially at an online discounter, but that's for later

Cheers,

Jacovis

Another core set, I agree. But if you're getting 2 ships, make sure their both imperial or you won't have 100pts on both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Islaub
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
I would get a TIE and another Tie Advanced. The pilots that come with the TIE pack are pretty slick. But ultimately, another core set would be ideal as well, especially at an online discounter, but that's for later :)

Cheers,

Jacovis

I concur. For only a little more cash ($5-ish), you get an additional miniature and all the goodies that come with the Core Set: dice, templates, tokens, etc. By far the most cost effective approach. My only hesitation is the absence of the TIE Fighter Expansion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
I would get a TIE and another Tie Advanced. The pilots that come with the TIE pack are pretty slick.

Cheers,

Jacovis

Yeah, that's what you'll need to get 100 points of imperials. After you buy that, you won't need another copy of the boxed game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tommy carlson
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
cool....Just to pass on the word ..I stumbled on a post in another forum ...There is a company that is going to start making acrylic movement templates..From what I have seen so far they exceed all expectations..They will be posting on their site soon...I was really impressed with the craftsmanship and attention to detail.They even do custom engraving as well for the unique orders.If you email them they will let you know prices and diff costs for engraving... http://www.appliedperspective.com/acrylic/.......Never give up, Never surrender

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your link has a 404 error there Meekor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tommy carlson
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
cool appliedperspective.com ....Sorry about that hopefully this will help..I had to have my executive secretary edit it for me.....Never give up,Never surrender

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.