Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Grant
Australia
Austinmer
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I think is not balanced in this game is the valuation of the different color medals. The point value swings from 5/4 for green to 2/2 for white. There is nothing else to compensate for the difference in point values (for instance, expansions cost more, fewer available expansion tiles, etc.). It seem very arbitrary. It makes it so the last person to grab green or red will have a distinct advantage. During my last play I was behind during most of the game but grabbed green on the last turn, causing me to win by a large margin. Also, white was hardly pursued because it wasn't really worth it.

Any thoughts on whether the colors should be balanced out? How would you do it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heil
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Colors with lower point values medals are less likely to be taken from you. So they are certainly worth scoring at least one.

And the point difference between the silver medals ranges from 4 to 2. Its not that big a difference really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.