Popular Tags: [View All]
Shannon L
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I defeated two monsters in an ancient ruins tile. Do i get the fame from the monsters or just the reward on the ancient ruin tile (4 crystals)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hughes
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mb
I play that I get the fame as well as the reward(s), but I haven't seen an explicit rule either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You always get the fame for defeating monsters. Any exceptions are noted in the rules (half fame for defenders of opponents' keeps, no fame for summoned monsters, which you don't actually defeat).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
You always get the fame for defeating monsters. Any exceptions are noted in the rules (half fame for defenders of opponents' keeps, no fame for summoned monsters, which you don't actually defeat).

I guess you could actually defeat the summoned monster, in some cases. You still wouldn't get any fame for it, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
QBert80 wrote:

I guess you could actually defeat the summoned monster, in some cases. You still wouldn't get any fame for it, though.

You only use the attack of the summoned monster, then it disappears again. You cannot attack it, even if you'd wish to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
DreamStorm wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
QBert80 wrote:

You only use the attack of the summoned monster, then it disappears again. You cannot attack it, even if you'd wish to.

David is referring to abilities that cause damage (or instant defeats) of monsters during the blocking phase of combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
DreamStorm wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
QBert80 wrote:

You can't attack it, but as David indicated, it is possible to destroy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
David is referring to abilities that cause damage (or instant defeats) of monsters during the blocking phase of combat.

So, wait, does that mean that those abilities can not be used to destroy a summoner, because they hit the summoned creature instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes

eidt: they can't be used against the summoneer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pabula wrote:
yes

eidt: they can't be used against the summoneer.

Ah, so I learn something new, again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.