Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Kehrer
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just got to the end of the first turn (turn 3) of scenario 2. I am the Lancaster player and got the higher total votes from my controlled nobles. I then realized that I could not vote for myself because Henry VI was still in captivity. I then went and read the special rule #1 for this scenario which says that Henry is in captivity and is not a block on the board, does not attend parliament and is not placed in wintering until the turn march is eliminated or sent to exile. To me this means if I don't kill march by next turn I lose the scenario. My reasoning here is that since Henry doesn't attend parliament in the first or second turn (in captivity by special rule #1) he cannot be voted as king. Therefore the York heir will be voted king two turns in a row and win by the political victory. Is this really correct? The scenario is about Henry possibly being executed at the end of the scenario (4 turns) and rescuing him before that, but if you don't rescue him by halfway through you lose by some other circumstance. What is the real intention here for this scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Could Lancaster be voted in by virtue of being the senior heir? For this scenario Henry VI is not considered a King unless voted in (implied by 3.2.9) and Margaret attached to Lancaster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Kehrer
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
the scenario setup specifically says to make Lancaster the Junior Heir. So the Senior Heir spot is empty as the beginning and filled in my Henry when he is released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen A. Cuyler
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is covered in the FAQ:

Q) [section PB 3.2.9] Does this really mean that the
Lancaster Player has to kill March or he will
automatically be King as Lancaster has no Senior
Heir at Parliament?

A) While killing March is definitely desired, consider
this rule to read: "As an exception to the requirement
that only a Player with a Senior Heir that attends
Parliament may be elected King, the Lancaster Player
can have their Junior Heir elected King (technically
"Protectorate") while Henry VI is captive."

The real term used is "Protector of the Crown", so yes, Lanccaster can vote for himself.

-SAC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jk12559 wrote:
the scenario setup specifically says to make Lancaster the Junior Heir. So the Senior Heir spot is empty as the beginning and filled in my Henry when he is released.

Sorry, I didn't realise 'Edward, Prince of Wales (Junior Heir)' is Lancaster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.