Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the "Short Halt Command" do we put a Spot Fire or a Spot Move in the unit?
This is important since that can affect differently the spotting phase as well as the AP fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO, you place a Spot/Fire marker first, then you rotate it to its Spot/Move side.

As I was correctly amended yesterday, spot markers only affect spotting, not AP fire. The movement status is taken from the command itself (Move or Short Halt)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
warrafael wrote:
IMHO, you place a Spot/Fire marker first, then you rotate it to its Spot/Move side.

As I was correctly amended yesterday, spot markers only affect spotting, not AP fire. The movement status is taken from the command itself (Move or Short Halt)

So I was playing wrong also. Thanks for the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S0laris
Italy
Rome
Lazio
flag msg tools
warrafael is right. place the spot-fire counter during the direct fire step, turn it to spot-move during the movement phase. its worth mentioning again since lots of people seem to confuse this, but spot markers do not affect direct fire (AP/GP), the unit Command Marker does. the purpose of spotting markers is mostly in helping figuring out spotting ranges for units in some form of cover during the spotting phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
s0laris30 wrote:
warrafael is right. place the spot-fire counter during the direct fire step, turn it to spot-move during the movement phase. its worth mentioning again since lots of people seem to confuse this, but spot markers do not affect direct fire (AP/GP), the unit Command Marker does. the purpose of spotting markers is mostly in helping figuring out spotting ranges for units in some form of cover during the spotting phase.

Thanks S0laris!

I was using also the spot markers in the AP fire.

This is a great game indeed. Really enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S0laris
Italy
Rome
Lazio
flag msg tools
yeah, i really love this "new" incarnation of Panzer. im using all advancing rules for now, and i think at this point, its the sweet spot for me. i just really have a minor gripe with indirect fire resolution system. takes me a miserable long time to figure out all the modifiers, then i realize im attempting to support that poor infantry squad in trouble, with a -60 modifier or something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
mbmbmbmbmb
s0laris30 wrote:
yeah, i really love this "new" incarnation of Panzer. im using all advancing rules for now, and i think at this point, its the sweet spot for me. i just really have a minor gripe with indirect fire resolution system. takes me a miserable long time to figure out all the modifiers, then i realize im attempting to support that poor infantry squad in trouble, with a -60 modifier or something...

I'm with you on the ID Fire resolution issues, s0laris30. But what REALLY stymies me about this excellant game that I have played exclusively for over two months now, is resolving what happens when a tank has an 'effective result' against leg units using GP fire of course. There is an example on pages 48 and 49 that has a gray background and is one of the Situation examples of play. There is a russian tank against a german leg rifle unit.....and the tank misses! When my wargame buddy and I play, we have had a tank hit above the S-effect on unmounted leg infantry, and the players card with GP results on it says you have an effective result...and we just cant determine how to allocate damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pudge74 grand
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I look at this from a higher level... it seems like the leg units, to be honest, and I hate to say this, are just not worth using in the scenarios. I love the tank on tank battles.... but I agree with Jimp on the rules really make the effort of using these leg units fruitless.

Again, the tank on tank battles.... remarkable... probably the best tank combat bar none... then I get hung up on these puny (no disrespect to current and former miltiary personnel) leg units that just don't seem to add much to the game - especially when you consider the rules baggage ratio to impact on the game.

I **must** be missing something... again.... love the tank parts and maybe with more practice I'll nail down the leg units so I don't feel this way... it truly could be me getting more educated on the topic... so I might be the solo one in these forums that feels that way. Let the responses begin...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S0laris
Italy
Rome
Lazio
flag msg tools
a tank shooting at a leg unit resolves the fire normally.. as on Pg 48, section 6.5.4.4.3
usually you need to differentiate if the GP fire is from Small-arms or not, but when shooting at leg units the results dont change, so you can ignore that. if you have a suppression result (the modified dice result falls within the N and S range on the table) the leg unit is suppressed (and gets a nice suppression ON marker)
if you have an effective result (a modified result above the S range) if the target is a full squad, it takes casualties, and gets flipped to its half-squad side. anything else, that is, anything else not being a FULL SQUAD- (a section, a half squad, etc) its simply outright eliminated. hope i made sense

cheers

edit: leg units might seem intimidating, but really, once you get used to the rules defining how they fire and move i find they add a whole lot to the game. as of now, i really dont play any scenarios without leg units anymore, they feel a bit too flat and simple without them.. let me tell ya, its a big, biiig mistake to ignore infantry thinking it wont harm your iron monsters.. specially when fighting in closed terrain

you can easliy design a simple meeting engagement scenario using leg units and some tanks as support to get the hang of it. it worth the extra time and efforts in the end imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a very well thought out player (Fen Yan) designed GP resolution flow summary that also includes indirect fire on Panzer's Consimworld page. Take a look.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.ee6dc88/2064
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mongoose27 wrote:
There's a very well thought out player (Fen Yan) designed GP resolution flow summary that also includes indirect fire on Panzer's Consimworld page. Take a look.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.ee6dc88/2064

Already have it and it is very good. A nice work from Fen Yan.

Thanks for the link Jim.
Have you know anything about the new demonstration of Panzer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.