Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Main page with countdown
http://milanspiele.de/index.php

1. Deukalion 4€
2. Constantinopolis 10€ out of stock
3. A la carte 18€
4. Bobby Sitter 2.5€
5. Travel Blog 5€
6. Schneller als Kurz + 2 expansions 5€
7. Ristorante Italia 10€
8. 20th Century 10€ out of stock
9. Rise of Empires 25.9€ Charon Inc.7€
10. Epic Dungeoneer: Call of the Lich Lord 3€
11. The Mines of Zavandor 5€ out of stock
12. Heartland 9€
13. Artus 5€
14.Talisman (Revised 4th Edition) 23€ out of stock
15. Isla Dorada 10€ out of stock
16. The Gnomes of Zavandor 5€ out of stock
17. Nightfall 19€
18. Rune Age 14€
19. Merchants & Marauders 23€
20. Onirim 5€
21. Milestones 22€
22. Wolfmond 3€
23. Luna 25€
24. Caligula 5€

shipping page http://www.milan-spiele.de/shipping.php
December 9
-about rise of empires it showed up in the countdown. But was replaced. It's available at that price.

-You probably can make an order and add a note that you will order more to be added to the same order.
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
*sigh*

no shipping to Malta. i don't understand why so many online retailers can't be bothered...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
rahdo wrote:
*sigh*

no shipping to Malta. i don't understand why so many online retailers can't be bothered...

milanspiele wrote:
Die Versandkosten für Lieferungen in das Ausland entnehmen Sie bitte ebenfalls den untenstehenden Tabellen. Wenn Sie das gewünschte Land nicht in den Tabellen finden, erfragen Sie die Versandkosten bitte per Email. (Other Countries: Please ask for shipping costs.)


10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
ausgezeichnet! vielen dank!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
Constantinopolis is out of stock.
I don't know if they will let you order games until the end of countdown and do one delivery to save big on shipping costs..
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
I always do it. I ask him not to close the order, because I will add further games later - I order three or four times a year at this shop, but I don't think it depends on that.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
sneuhauss wrote:
I always do it. I ask him not to close the order, because I will add further games later - I order three or four times a year at this shop, but I don't think it depends on that.


No, it does not depend on that. That's the way I didi it last year and I hadn't ordered anything there before.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
I was late adding the game for today. Yesterday night it showed at 31€ and I was convinced they had to update the game or price.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
Listing Merchants & Marauders at 23€ is misleading.

It's actually Korsaren der Karibik at 23€. The English version is at 55€ or something (and possibly out of stock too). And, yes, that game makes "extensive use of text".

Not bothered now to check any of the other games.. but I sure hope you did (and Korsaren was the odd exception) otherwise this sounds like a huge waste of our time arrrh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
barbanera wrote:
Listing Merchants & Marauders at 23€ is misleading.

It's actually Korsaren der Karibik at 23€. The English version is at 55€ or something (and possibly out of stock too). And, yes, that game makes "extensive use of text".

Not bothered now to check any of the other games.. but I sure hope you did (and Korsaren was the odd exception) otherwise this sounds like a huge waste of our time arrrh


It is a German shop and all the items from the Adventskalender are German. If you think someone is wasting your time by sacrificing his time to list items here...well...tah I cannot help you.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
Originaldibbler wrote:

It is a German shop and all the items from the Adventskalender are German. If you think someone is wasting your time by sacrificing his time to list items here...well...tah I cannot help you.


Why not post in the German forum if all the games are in German? I would surely post an equivalent list from Italian shops under the Italy section of the forum.

Or maybe there is no Germay-specific section on BGG?

He could have at least wrote a warning/disclaimer that the games are the German version. Or used the actual german title.

That would have been more useful, I think.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
barbanera wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:

It is a German shop and all the items from the Adventskalender are German. If you think someone is wasting your time by sacrificing his time to list items here...well...tah I cannot help you.


Why not post in the German forum if all the games are in German? I would surely post an equivalent list from Italian shops under the Italy section of the forum.

Or maybe there is no Germay-specific section on BGG?

He could have at least wrote a warning/disclaimer that the games are the German version. Or used the actual german title.

That would have been more useful, I think.


Because if you add a boardgame you add the GAME and not a version.

PS: You really should be happy that there are people that contribute!
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel García
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
Oh-la-la!
badge
Evil Inside
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
barbanera wrote:
[q="Originaldibbler"]
Why not post in the German forum if all the games are in German? I would surely post an equivalent list from Italian shops under the Italy section of the forum.


I'm grateful he didn't do that. You know there are boardgames that are not language dependant.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Turkiewicz
Germany
Losheim am See
Saarland
flag msg tools
badge
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
barbanera wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:

It is a German shop and all the items from the Adventskalender are German. If you think someone is wasting your time by sacrificing his time to list items here...well...tah I cannot help you.


Why not post in the German forum if all the games are in German? I would surely post an equivalent list from Italian shops under the Italy section of the forum.



I don't want to start any "forum-wars" so I want to give a reasonable answer:

This is the European Hot Deals Forum and there are many (23) official languages in the EU , so why should we only post English games? Also many Europeans speak multiple foreign languages. Also many don't and still play and collect games in foreign languages.

I'd like to know if there are any Hot Deals in Italy and the shop delivers to Germany, so please post. I'd accept any Hot Deal as long as shipment is reasonable (even from other continents), this is why the European Hot Deals Forum was created in the first place, to keep shipping costs low, not to exclude any language or nation.
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Skink
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
I am kind of new here but don't see the problem with threads in whatever language is ok for people - yes English can be "common" but you dont have to assume it

And I am fascinated by games that arent available here (when I sued to work in Germany I was always scouring the shops if I had time)

If it wasnt for this forum I wouldnt have got a great deal on Mister X from Germany recently
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Saltdean
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
Originaldibbler wrote:
barbanera wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:

It is a German shop and all the items from the Adventskalender are German. If you think someone is wasting your time by sacrificing his time to list items here...well...tah I cannot help you.


Why not post in the German forum if all the games are in German? I would surely post an equivalent list from Italian shops under the Italy section of the forum.

Or maybe there is no Germay-specific section on BGG?

He could have at least wrote a warning/disclaimer that the games are the German version. Or used the actual german title.

That would have been more useful, I think.


Because if you add a boardgame you add the GAME and not a version.

PS: You really should be happy that there are people that contribute!


I'm actually with you on this one as any European hot deal deserves to be posted here irrespective of what language the game is in.

however, I think I read a post by Eric Martin the other day which stated you could change the name of games in geek lists. I suspect the same might be true in links, within posts; that there is a rename option.

but of course it is a lot more work! whistle

M B
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
mudshark_baby wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:
barbanera wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:

It is a German shop and all the items from the Adventskalender are German. If you think someone is wasting your time by sacrificing his time to list items here...well...tah I cannot help you.


Why not post in the German forum if all the games are in German? I would surely post an equivalent list from Italian shops under the Italy section of the forum.

Or maybe there is no Germay-specific section on BGG?

He could have at least wrote a warning/disclaimer that the games are the German version. Or used the actual german title.

That would have been more useful, I think.


Because if you add a boardgame you add the GAME and not a version.

PS: You really should be happy that there are people that contribute!


I'm actually with you on this one as any European hot deal deserves to be posted here irrespective of what language the game is in.

however, I think I read a post by Eric Martin the other day which stated you could change the name of games in geek lists. I suspect the same might be true in links, within posts; that there is a rename option.

but of course it is a lot more work! whistle

M B


A quick word from the original poster

I could have posted das 20. jahrhundert instead of 20th Century but I opted against. some games are language independant and some games are not.Perhaps you would assume it is language dependant or not by just looking at the name.


BGG has improved a lot over the 5 years I am on this site and I provided links so everybody could check for themselves.

FYI : Grimwold, me and I think someone else did a lot of language tagging for the community. So much infact that Aldie wanted it on the front page of games. I asked it every month too
These are my level zero tags http://www.boardgamegeek.com/tag/language-level%3A0/user/Kri...

Even though the language levels help a lot. You should do your research everytime.

For instance I have tagged a game LL0 and LL3 to the same game because it comes in 6 languages. You need to be able to understand at least one to play the game. Because these are questions used in the game.

I did buy Power struggle too expensive (I imported an english version before the english price drop) Since most votes have put it on LL 2 (moderate) while my experience is that it is light at most because of the symbols. (the text is more flavour - than necessary)Anyway that's my mistake.

Anyway the links provided should prove helpfull if you put a little research into it.

3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
mudshark_baby wrote:
I'm actually with you on this one as any European hot deal deserves to be posted here irrespective of what language the game is in.

however, I think I read a post by Eric Martin the other day which stated you could change the name of games in geek lists. I suspect the same might be true in links, within posts; that there is a rename option.

but of course it is a lot more work! whistle

M B


Yes, when you post a link to a game you can choose whatever alternative text you want.

But I too am happy to see posts in this forum about any bargain games in any European language or country.

Anch'io voglio vedere i giochi Italiani.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
Originaldibbler wrote:

Because if you add a boardgame you add the GAME and not a version.


Not true. Just a little bit of experimenting and you would soon discover that you can add the board game while customizing the name as you see fit (like Korsar der Karibik).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
barbanera wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:

Because if you add a boardgame you add the GAME and not a version.


Not true. Just a little bit of experimenting and you would soon discover that you can add the board game while customizing the name as you see fit (like Korsar der Karibik).


You can modify the name that is shown but the link does not chanbge and still leads to the game and not to a specific version.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
Vincent_V wrote:

I don't want to start any "forum-wars" so I want to give a reasonable answer:

This is the European Hot Deals Forum and there are many (23) official languages in the EU , so why should we only post English games? Also many Europeans speak multiple foreign languages. Also many don't and still play and collect games in foreign languages.

I'd like to know if there are any Hot Deals in Italy and the shop delivers to Germany, so please post. I'd accept any Hot Deal as long as shipment is reasonable (even from other continents), this is why the European Hot Deals Forum was created in the first place, to keep shipping costs low, not to exclude any language or nation.


Well, if you read my original post carefully, I was wondering/hoping that the other games he listed in the OP were the English version, or at least language independent. This is because BGG is a an American site, afaik, and English is assumed to be known by 100% of the people, whereas German isn't so widespread, I guess.

Just listing everything without pointing out which ones are strictly the German version is not what I call a very useful contribution. Especially insofar one can infer from the Merchant/Korsar case that the bargain prices are possibly only on the localized German versions of the games.

Should I ever want to contribute something similar referring to deals at an Italian site rest assured I would never just list dozens of games leaving to everybody else to find out that 50%-70% of them are the localized Italian version nobody could care about less.

Anyway, I did waste time looking up the site in the OP only to discover the game I was interested in was the German version, so I stand by my point one should expect better from a considerate poster. Not knowing how to customize links and/or not placing a single "(German version)" flag next to it is censurable. Sure, my "huge waste of time" mention was over exaggerated, but sometimes just to start a bit of a flaming war is fun for all involved. So you have someone to flame and some other "reasonable" voice of wisdom to give thumbs up
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
Originaldibbler wrote:
barbanera wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:

Because if you add a boardgame you add the GAME and not a version.


Not true. Just a little bit of experimenting and you would soon discover that you can add the board game while customizing the name as you see fit (like Korsar der Karibik).


You can modify the name that is shown but the link does not chanbge and still leads to the game and not to a specific version.


And your point is..?

If I see "Korsar der Karibik" I know he means the German version and I don't waste my time visiting the shop.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miika K.
Finland
KAIPOLA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
barbanera wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:
barbanera wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:

Because if you add a boardgame you add the GAME and not a version.


Not true. Just a little bit of experimenting and you would soon discover that you can add the board game while customizing the name as you see fit (like Korsar der Karibik).


You can modify the name that is shown but the link does not chanbge and still leads to the game and not to a specific version.


And your point is..?

If I see "Korsar der Karibik" I know he means the German version and I don't waste my time visiting the shop.


If your time is of such a high value you shouldn't look for special offers, but buy on normal prices. You write more and more text to describe why others shouldn't waste your time sharing special offers of games in German language with you - if you keep going on you could have learnd German during that time and buy "Korsaren der Karibik" for 23€ being able to play the game!
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Engelhardt
Germany
flag msg tools
Happy Easter!
badge
Now go eat some chocolate!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Milanspiele.de regular christmas countdown. Will update every day
Thanks for doing this Kris Highly appreciated.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.