♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb

Yes, Grit Chips, with Jeff Foxworthy's name and mug plastered across the front of the bag. Had I seen all that first, I might have passed on them, but what I really saw was "Grit Chips" and then "Jalapeño Cheddar." It was a foregone conclusion at that point. It could have had Ra's al Ghul's name and picture on the front and I wouldn't have cared.

The chips are made of grits, which is novel, but not so different from a standard tortilla chip, since grits are made from corn. The flavor is about what you would expect from a tortilla chip (and not so much what you would get from a corn chip, like a Frito), but the texture is a little grainier once you get to chompin'. They break down a lot faster, and it's like you have a mouthful of solid grits. Maybe the texture could even be called gritty, if you please.

The jalapeño cheddar flavor is very nice, with the cheddar being just a hint, and the jalapeño having just the right amount of kick. They won't light you up, but you'll feel a tingle on your tongue, and it might make your nose run just a skosh. And, of course, it gets a little more intense as you shovel them into your mouth by the handful.

So, if you like flavored tortilla chips with a little spice and a lot of flavor, give these a try. You're more likely to find them in your deli section than on the chip aisle, and I wonder if you'd find these at all outside the south.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Foxworthy seemed a suitable alternative. My marketing people tell me I don't "test well." I had them executed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Did you notice that the ingredient label lists "green bits"?

No joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.