Cthulhu Gloom: Unpleasant Dreams» Forums » General

Subject: expansion markings? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mbmb
Does the Cthuhlu Gloom expansion of Unpleasant Dreams have any sort of marking on the cards that make them easy to separate them from the base game?

For Gloom, the best way was to know the cards or go by the title of each card matched up to a master list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Parente
msg tools
mbmb
the only thing I've noticed is that in the sides os the bars that contains the name of the card has two octopus thingies, and the unpleasant dreams expansio their eyes are a little bleached-pink color. the regular game they have gray color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody else find this annoying? I like to have options with my games, to use expansions or not, based on the circumstances. Why make it so hard to separate them out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my copies have a noticeable difference in texture, the now cards are silky glossy, my old cards are more matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mbmb
Krazag wrote:
my copies have a noticeable difference in texture, the now cards are silky glossy, my old cards are more matt

I think that is unworn and worn. Unscuffed & scuffed. Doesn't last long.

I'm totally separating the base games and expansions all the time.
Depending on what we want to play with. The Unhappy Homes expansion from the original Gloom is the easiest to ignore if it's still mixed in.
Others, not as much.

So many other game companies put some sort of symbol on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
probably the case, will observe and see.

has anyone got a case to keep the game in? trying to work out what will fit, but all the card box's say #of sleeved cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have all of gloom (base + 4 expansions and cthulhu + expansion) in a 400 card box. if i were to guess, i think cthulhu + expansion would fit in one of the standard ultrapro deck boxes... i can check when i get home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.