Popular Tags: [View All]
Perry Tatman
United Kingdom
Camberley
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will For the Crown get the Gold Banner Treatment?

Regards

Cheesy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and that should be in the first quarter of 2013, if my figuring is correct.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Yes, and that should be in the first quarter of 2013, if my figuring is correct.

Alan Emrich

What does the Gold Banner treatment mean?

(I've been interested in For the Crown, but never gotten around to actually ordering it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Gold Banner" refers to the upgraded components that VPG started using for all their new releases earlier this year. It mostly means bigger cards (Poker size) and thicker, laser-cut counters (as opposed to the old die cut). Additionally, gold banner re-releases are treated as full second editions; the designer gets a chance to make changes if they want, and expansions are often bundled in.

We're currently working on a second edition of For the Crown that will include everything from the original release, plus first expansion (Cover of Night), plus some brand new cards. It's got new artwork, a larger board, and the gold banner component upgrades. We'll also be offering a boxed version, which means it will come with a mounted, puzzle-cut board (in addition to the paper board that VPG's bagged games come with).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, that all sounds good Will look forward to it becoming available!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Tatman
United Kingdom
Camberley
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:

Alan Emrich

Hi Alan,

That's magic....something to look forward to.

I enjoy for the crown but I feel it will be really enhanced by the Gold Banner treatment.

Regards

Cheesy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

For what it's worth, I saw them laying out the rules in the graphics department yesterday, and the developer for the game was inputting the new card design graphics from the artist, Dan Taylor. So the game made some great strides yesterday toward publication.

The designer, Jeremy Lennert, was also playtesting some new cards with our business manager, Joshua Gottesman yesterday at the office. That's always a good sign.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic D
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's available now thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.