Subject: With age comes Wisdom (or, at least, better judgement) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
As I was making my bowl of porridge this morning, and sprinkling brown sugar over the top of it, I reflected that I-- as a much younger man-- used to prepare and eat... brown sugar sandwiches.
That's two slices of white bread, far too much butter on each slice, and a 1/4" (probably more, in reality) of brown sugar as the "spread".

Is there anything that you can look back on now that makes you say, "I can't believe that I used to do that!"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't have to be food related. For instance, in university, three friends and I would make nightly visits to a 7-11 convenience store.

The thing is, we would leave 30 minutes before The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson was about to start-- 12:30am in those days-- and the 7-11 was 15 minutes away from the residence, IF you obeyed traffic rules; like speed limits, stops signs, and that kind of thing.
So we'd rush down to the parking lot, pile into a car, fly around the campus onto the main roads, at breakneck speeds, run into the store, stock up on slurpees and chips/ candy, and do the same thing back again, arriving just in time for the opening monologue.

I can't believe that we didn't get stopped by police or, even worse, kill ourselves. We'd leave 5 minutes earlier in the wintertime, since it was icy then.

I do know of a couple of other guys who rolled their truck on one of the bends that we used to take "on the fly". The owner of the truck had to quit school (he wasn't hurt, miraculously) and his passenger had a broken collarbone and bruised legs, so he finished the term in a cast and all banged up. Probably still limps a bit today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
In college, I'd regularly be the one to drive us home from the bars because, "I didn't want to be in an accident".

Idiot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to make mayonnaise sandwiches... does that count?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I reject your premise; there's no shame in the brown sugar sandwich. Them's good eating. At the time, my dad ate molasses sandwiches, and he still has a major sweet tooth at 86.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To prove to my sons I could do it, I made a sandwich last year that consisted of 13 different condiments.

And it was good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to eat peanut butter and butter sandwiches....Who am I kidding, I still eat them...Mmmmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mustard sandwiches. And my family reminds me of it at every get-together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
As I was making my bowl of porridge this morning, and sprinkling brown sugar over the top of it, I reflected that I-- as a much younger man-- used to prepare and eat... brown sugar sandwiches.
That's two slices of white bread, far too much butter on each slice, and a 1/4" (probably more, in reality) of brown sugar as the "spread".

Is there anything that you can look back on now that makes you say, "I can't believe that I used to do that!"?

White bread was not allowed in the house. So it was whole wheat bread with peanut butter and brown sugar. I made one just the other night to show my partner one of the things I'd eat as a kid. It was just as good as I remembered. Will probably make another within a couple of days.

Really, once you take away the white bread and butter it's not that big a deal. If you exercise enough that brown sugar ain't nothin'. And the PB is fine as long as you don't use the stuff with trans fat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to eat tomato sauce (ketchup). I don't remember this, it's something my older relatives tell me. I detest the stuff now, and only ever use it in one recipe (a marinade with hoisin sauce for pork fillet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.