Meeple Me
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Game Knight company (http://gameknight.com) designed and successfully Kickstarted Game Chips. These are ceramic poker-style chips with denominations/graphics intended specifically for gamers. I was aware of this project, but did not back it.

I was browsing Kickstarter recently, and I came across their second project called Victory Chips. These are similar in purpose to the Game Chips, however they have one uniform side across all denominations to allow for hidden scoring, as is done in Small World for example. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1417272643/keeping-score...

I was wondering if any BGG users have any feedback to share regarding Game Chips so that I can make a more informed decision about whether or not to back the Victory Chip project?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivienne Raper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We got a sample of Game Chips from BoardGameExtras in the UK. They are expensive compared to good-quality plastic poker chips and the colours are slightly muted, but they seem durable and high quality. The only reason we didn't get a full set, based on the sample, was price.

We routinely use the 'slow player' and 'time traveller' chips in two-player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Breen
United States
Monroe
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Losing Builds Character
mbmbmbmbmb
I of course would be biased since it is my project but I can offer you the following that might help.

At the launch of VictoryChips I notified the backers of the GameChips project. The number of folks from the GameChips project that are now backing the VictoryChips project is amazing. Many repeat customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
cyakobch wrote:
I was wondering if any BGG users have any feedback to share regarding Game Chips so that I can make a more informed decision about whether or not to back the Victory Chip project?

Thanks.

I have 300 of the game chips and love them. They are nicely made, and a delight to play with. I have a good spread of denominations and can tune a couple of racks of chips depending on the game.

For example, playing Saint Petersburg? Break out the 1, 3, 10, 20 chips, and so on.

On the whole, they look good, but I'm not a fan of the 5/10/20 chips - especially the 5. The edge design is a bit ugly to my eyes and looks uneven when stacked ("are they all 5's?"). I see Dave is issuing a redesign of these chips with a "knurled" coin edge look. This looks much more functional, and attractive, to me.

I've certainly backed the Victory Chips project. Dave ran a terrific KS project first time around - great information flow, and delivered almost bang on time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.