Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased the game masters kit and while it has markers for just about every conceivable need...there are none for indicating a wounded soldier. Just curious what folks use to denote that a soldier is wounded?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flipping the Soldier's card over works pretty well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming that the OP was wanting to have an indication on the figure itself. I can understand that both ways.

Are a pinned soldiers VP halved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I am assuming that the OP was wanting to have an indication on the figure itself. I can understand that both ways.

Are a pinned soldiers VP halved?

No, VP's are not halved when Pinned.

People can use an upside down Pin Marker next to a soldier if they want to in order to indicate they are wounded. It would be easier for the opponent to tell which one is wounded. I just flip over the card and make the opponent work for it if they want to know which one is wounded. Let them look at my cards and find the wounded soldier, no sense in making it easier for them to take out a wounded guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the VP answer.

Litkoaero makes some fancy wounded markers if you really want something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Greg on this. Spotted and Pinned are both key game functions and have to be recorded in some way, but a wounded Soldier has his card flipped and uses the values on the other side, so I don't think it needs anything else. Opponents are all too knowledgeable anyway about where the Leaders are and who has the big weapons. If they 'forget' they got a wound result, then that's just part of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Flipping the Soldier's card over works pretty well...

Ummm...yep got the part about flipping the card. I was really asking about a "marker" on the playing surface to denote being wounded. I have been using upside down pin markers...just thought something a little fancier might be being used by folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Litko markers look pretty good. I also liked their artillery blast ones. I might pick some up since they're not too pricey. Thanks for the tip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Boyd
United States
flag msg tools
Yup, that's me. By John Kovalic.
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer as few markers on the table as possible. We even put the pin markers on the soldier card instead of next to the soldier. As noted above, the opponent already knows too much, and it makes it harder to "forget" to halve the values on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
Tommy20 wrote:
We even put the pin markers on the soldier card instead of next to the soldier.

Oh, I like that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
I purchased the game masters kit and while it has markers for just about every conceivable need...there are none for indicating a wounded soldier. Just curious what folks use to denote that a soldier is wounded?

I gently dab ketchup all over the figure.

Makes cleanup a bitch, but i'm all about the realism!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Litko wound markers on the soldier card. Before I remembered I had those, I used red glass craft beads for wounds.

Here is the link to the wound markers:

http://www.litko.net/products/Mini-Wound-Marker-Set-%28Set-o...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pseudonym
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slyde wrote:
MayorJim wrote:

I gently dab ketchup all over the figure.

Makes cleanup a bitch, but i'm all about the realism!

I tried that once until the dog ran off with the Corporal. This tends to lower the realism a bit. I don't care what secret uber weapons the Germans were working on,they had nothing close to a Border Collie the size of an aircraft carrier that ate men whole.

I think if they did this post would be in German...

-Jeff M.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the reverse of the pinned markers, when I get a chance I will print some stickers with appropriate icon to put on them.

Or colour them red.

Generally I agree with Kevin and Greg on this however for big games with 4+ players a marker saves time and off map conflict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyD wrote:
I use Litko wound markers on the soldier card. Before I remembered I had those, I used red glass craft beads for wounds.

Here is the link to the wound markers:

http://www.litko.net/products/Mini-Wound-Marker-Set-%28Set-o...

Why? the reverse of the soldier card , its wounded side is clearly bordered in red.

The only use for markers would be by the figure, or on the dog tag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.