Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Dickie
United Kingdom
South Leverton
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In our last game, I played a "Most Wanted" asking for Wes Hardin. The player to my immediate left didn't have one. The next player did: furthermore, it was the only card he had in hand.

Does that immediately end the hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Good question. The rules say the hand ends when a player discards their last card. The player you got the card from didn't discard their last card (they gave it to you), so the hand goes on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dickie
United Kingdom
South Leverton
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

So that player can draw the top card and discard it to end the hand, or draw 2 cards and keep playing as usual?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dickie
United Kingdom
South Leverton
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matty matt
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya'll got it wrong pardner.

page 5: "In rare cases, a hand can end in one of two other ways:"

"1) When another player has no cards left in his hand when the current player ends his turn by discarding a card."

That's word for word from the rules.

When the CURRENT PLAYER ends his turn by DISCARDING a card, if another player HAS NO CARDS LEFT in HIS HAND, the hand ends immediately.

The 2nd rare case is about going through the deck twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I stand corrected. By the way, I've never seen either of those cases in probably over 50 games, so they are indeed rare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matty matt
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anonther way for the hand to end immediately when "another" player's hand becomes empty is IF you use the "PHOTO CARD" varient:
When the "current" player STARTS a "set" and "another" player has the matching PHOTO CARD of that outlaw in hand, the "other" player MAY IMMEDIATELY PLAY IT... OUT OF TURN. (like a coup-fourre in the card game: miles bourne). If that is that "other" player's last card, tah-dah.
(otherwise, the PHOTO card could only be used as a "normal" sherif card, as in if you pick up the matching "PHOTO CARD"...AFTER that outlaw's set had been PREVIOUSLY started by yourself or a different player.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.