Recommend
18 
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Up Front» Forums » News

Subject: Hungary for more! 7th stretch goal met, $115,000 passed. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: More_Meat_In_A_Can [+] [View All]
matt way
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, couldn't resist.

So add 70 more cards to your total for the Hungary expansion.

Next up is Parachute expansion involving 150 personality cards for the 5 parachute units PLUS whatever the Airborne in your Pocket crossover thingy is.

Only 5 more expansions to go before we hit them all.

Poliorcetes
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Now at:

Regular sized cards: 1681
AFV sized cards: 126
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Poliorcetes wrote:
Sorry, couldn't resist.

So add 70 more cards to your total for the Hungary expansion.

Next up is Parachute expansion involving 150 personality cards for the 5 parachute units PLUS whatever the Airborne in your Pocket crossover thingy is.

Only 5 more expansions to go before we hit them all.

Poliorcetes

I was crossing my fingers it'd get to that one. Looks like I may have a leather bound rulebook to go with it!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! Almost enough to cover the Pennsylvania judgement!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:

Now at:

Regular sized cards: 1681
AFV sized cards: 126


So AFV will have different size? Where did you read this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Greeek geek wrote:
isaacc wrote:

Now at:

Regular sized cards: 1681
AFV sized cards: 126


So AFV will have different size? Where did you read this?


Rik posted it on kickstarter. The AFVs will be the largest cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cosmic Charlie
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like support is tapering..
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sessoms
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Super Genius, but not in the style of Mark Madden, Local sports idiot.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Silly question. Will those expansions be part of the game when you kickstart it or will those be extras you have to get on the side?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Logan
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LordJunon wrote:
Silly question. Will those expansions be part of the game when you kickstart it or will those be extras you have to get on the side?


There are 5 expansions that you can get if you pledge at the $125 level.

Then, there are stretch rewards, which are additional expansions. Anyone who pledges at the $40 level or higher will get each stretch goal that is reached, at no additional charge.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sessoms
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Super Genius, but not in the style of Mark Madden, Local sports idiot.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
that is what it sounded like, but it was just a bit confusing to me. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WackyBanana wrote:
Looks like support is tapering..


i think without previews to show that concrete work has been done, it'll slow down to a trickle, lack of tangible evidence of a game added to the other furore has dampened the enthusiasm of the prospective buyer - i think all the die hards have bought in now.. i sit on the fence as to whether to pledge or not.. and remain unconvinced.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
StuDecay wrote:
WackyBanana wrote:
Looks like support is tapering..


i think without previews to show that concrete work has been done, it'll slow down to a trickle, lack of tangible evidence of a game added to the other furore has dampened the enthusiasm of the prospective buyer - i think all the die hards have bought in now.. i sit on the fence as to whether to pledge or not.. and remain unconvinced.


I pledged early on and would at least like it to reach the Airborne crossover as I backed Airborne. As for the lack of previews and new rules, it is discouraging but I shall stick with it for a while yet and hopefully things will pick up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Zero
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
StuDecay wrote:
WackyBanana wrote:
Looks like support is tapering..


i think without previews to show that concrete work has been done, it'll slow down to a trickle, lack of tangible evidence of a game added to the other furore has dampened the enthusiasm of the prospective buyer - i think all the die hards have bought in now.. i sit on the fence as to whether to pledge or not.. and remain unconvinced.



I'm a die hard fan and haven't pledged. The reason being I want this game to be accessible for all for a long time. Radiant gaming fills me with dread. This may well end up being produced for the kickstarter but that's it. Not what I want for this game, it deserves so much more. Second it's being rushed out. No good. This needs time. Thirdly moral implications of backing this company. I actually spoke to a dear friend who works on these kind of cases between USA and it's neighbouring countries. She said just on the internet association alone between valley and radiant is enough to link the two together. The fact there is no mention of valley games now means nothing. Google history and other internet timeline sites will provide evidence. She is not some backyard legal rep either. On her advice I will sit out and watch events unfold. Each to their own.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand point 2 and 3 - but not 1 - anyone could have got the license and done a quick 2000/3000 game run, that's their perogative, if your afraid they'll just make the copies for kickstarter then no more, then it seems stupid to not get one.. no company has to print a game for the continued support of it.. if MMP had got it, they'd have done a first run and then it would have been 10 years before a reprint based on their general speed
2 - yes - it does seem rushed.. almost urgently so.. perhaps they want to strike while the iron is hot, perhaps they need the money...
3 - as i said on another thread, the moral implications are the same in any purchase you make.. will you put petrol in your car tomorrow? use a bank? these companies screw people over day in day out..
Valley have defaulted on thier loan, that is proved, the US court has judged they must pay it... lets leave the discussion of whether Lawyer A says this, whilst lawyer B says that to the 9000 page thread where it really resides..
my answer was more saying i wanted answers to your number 2 then i can mull over 3 in time..
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cosmic Charlie
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
StuDecay wrote:
WackyBanana wrote:
Looks like support is tapering..


i think without previews to show that concrete work has been done, it'll slow down to a trickle, lack of tangible evidence of a game added to the other furore has dampened the enthusiasm of the prospective buyer - i think all the die hards have bought in now.. i sit on the fence as to whether to pledge or not.. and remain unconvinced.


That pretty much summarizes my position, as well.

Also, I think how they've structured the stretch rewards is the height of douchebaggery. The most "in demand" expansions should have come first, rather than dangling them like a carrot to entice people. The Norwegians and Greeks before the SS/airborne/USMC? Really?? Screw them if they throw that kind of fecal matter.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WackyBanana wrote:
Also, I think how they've structured the stretch rewards is the height of douchebaggery. The most "in demand" expansions should have come first, rather than dangling them like a carrot to entice people. The Norwegians and Greeks before the SS/airborne/USMC? Really?? Screw them if they throw that kind of fecal matter.

Douchebaggery? Screw them? Why so angry?

If you go in for $60 you get a brand new reprinted version of the original game with revised/improved rules and a 2nd action deck based on Winter. Additionally, you get the stretch reward expansions that have been reached, which at this point includes Norway, various French, Canada, Australia, Finland, Greece and Hungary. You are grumbling because you won't get SS/airborne/USMC rather than some of those for that money? I'm curious what Norwegian or Greek players think of the order of offers.

I don't understand holding it against them for trying to generate sustained interest in the campaign by keeping some of the "big" offers for the higher rewards. There's that leather rulebook too. Maybe that should have come first.

I would hazard a guess that they did this to try to encourage folks already invested to spread the word about the campaign and to maybe also think carefully about how much they want to commit to it. Maybe if we are near the end date and they are just short of those USMC, some people will dig in and pledge an extra $10 or $20 to get it over that hump. Just seems unreasonable to get so mad about it and start hurling names and such.
7 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Zero
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
StuDecay wrote:
I understand point 2 and 3 - but not 1 - anyone could have got the license and done a quick 2000/3000 game run, that's their perogative, if your afraid they'll just make the copies for kickstarter then no more, then it seems stupid to not get one.. no company has to print a game for the continued support of it.. if MMP had got it, they'd have done a first run and then it would have been 10 years before a reprint based on their general speed
2 - yes - it does seem rushed.. almost urgently so.. perhaps they want to strike while the iron is hot, perhaps they need the money...
3 - as i said on another thread, the moral implications are the same in any purchase you make.. will you put petrol in your car tomorrow? use a bank? these companies screw people over day in day out..
Valley have defaulted on thier loan, that is proved, the US court has judged they must pay it... lets leave the discussion of whether Lawyer A says this, whilst lawyer B says that to the 9000 page thread where it really resides..
my answer was more saying i wanted answers to your number 2 then i can mull over 3 in time..



Yeah I totally agree on this. I am shocked that there isn't at least just one almost finished card as a preview. None of this fictitious artwork currently in use. If they want this to crack on they need to get it out now.Also not even a rulebook preview? How do we know if it's going to be any better than the last one? At least let the community have a look and discuss any possible changes.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt way
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are interested in the stretch goal philosophy, you can see the replies given to the stretch goal question from multiple members of the design team here
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/887630/just-for-fun-stretch-...

Poliorcetes
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WackyBanana wrote:


Also, I think how they've structured the stretch rewards is the height of douchebaggery. The most "in demand" expansions should have come first, rather than dangling them like a carrot to entice people. The Norwegians and Greeks before the SS/airborne/USMC? Really?? Screw them if they throw that kind of fecal matter.


Trully insulting at the very least.

I could write a lot but I don't think you could understand any of it.

On behalf of the people who fought and suffered under the boot of the glorified SS, and of the "liberators" who shot protesting Greeks dead on the streets of free Athens, and of those who haven't met his grandparents...

Thank you very much!
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
Avatar
mb
WackyBanana wrote:

Also, I think how they've structured the stretch rewards is the height of douchebaggery. The most "in demand" expansions should have come first, rather than dangling them like a carrot to entice people. The Norwegians and Greeks before the SS/airborne/USMC? Really?? Screw them if they throw that kind of fecal matter.


Wow. Are you serious, Mr. Little Pony? They'd have to be idiots to put USMC and the other factions first - then why the hell would anyone pledge once those were achieved? Were you high when you wrote that comment or what?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
Avatar
mb
StuDecay wrote:

i think without previews to show that concrete work has been done, it'll slow down to a trickle, lack of tangible evidence of a game added to the other furore has dampened the enthusiasm of the prospective buyer - i think all the die hards have bought in now.. i sit on the fence as to whether to pledge or not.. and remain unconvinced.


I agree, though KS projects all tend to sputter in the middle, and ramp back up again towards the end. I would be very surprised if we didn't see art and/or the rules (or at least an exerpt) soon - and that should spark interest again. There's nearly four weeks left on this sucker, so I doubt it's done.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
WackyBanana wrote:

Also, I think how they've structured the stretch rewards is the height of douchebaggery. The most "in demand" expansions should have come first, rather than dangling them like a carrot to entice people. The Norwegians and Greeks before the SS/airborne/USMC? Really?? Screw them if they throw that kind of fecal matter.


Wow. Are you serious, Mr. Little Pony? They'd have to be idiots to put USMC and the other factions first - then why the hell would anyone pledge once those were achieved? Were you high when you wrote that comment or what?

Wait, are you saying that they aren't worthwhile stretch goals because no one would actually pledge to get them? That's not much less insulting than the way WackyBanana phrased it.

Folks should read up on the Greek occupation and resistance and quit being so damned disrespectful of their contributions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
Avatar
mb
Ward wrote:
mattprice wrote:
WackyBanana wrote:

Also, I think how they've structured the stretch rewards is the height of douchebaggery. The most "in demand" expansions should have come first, rather than dangling them like a carrot to entice people. The Norwegians and Greeks before the SS/airborne/USMC? Really?? Screw them if they throw that kind of fecal matter.


Wow. Are you serious, Mr. Little Pony? They'd have to be idiots to put USMC and the other factions first - then why the hell would anyone pledge once those were achieved? Were you high when you wrote that comment or what?

Wait, are you saying that they aren't worthwhile stretch goals because no one would actually pledge to get them? That's not much less insulting than the way WackyBanana phrased it.

Folks should read up on the Greek occupation and resistance and quit being so damned disrespectful of their contributions.


You're now going to try to explain to me how the Greek Up Front expansion is going to get folks as fired up about pledging for the KS as the airborne, USMC or SS expansions? And that this lack of enthusiasm for the Greek expansion is then extrapolated to disrespect to the Greek insurgents during WWII? And then this extrapolation is further interpreted as "not much less insulting" as explicitly calling the folks who set up the KS douchebaggers and fecal matter throwers? This is the internets after all, so perhaps you could be right.

But I really, really doubt it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
Ward wrote:
mattprice wrote:
WackyBanana wrote:

Also, I think how they've structured the stretch rewards is the height of douchebaggery. The most "in demand" expansions should have come first, rather than dangling them like a carrot to entice people. The Norwegians and Greeks before the SS/airborne/USMC? Really?? Screw them if they throw that kind of fecal matter.


Wow. Are you serious, Mr. Little Pony? They'd have to be idiots to put USMC and the other factions first - then why the hell would anyone pledge once those were achieved? Were you high when you wrote that comment or what?

Wait, are you saying that they aren't worthwhile stretch goals because no one would actually pledge to get them? That's not much less insulting than the way WackyBanana phrased it.

Folks should read up on the Greek occupation and resistance and quit being so damned disrespectful of their contributions.


You're now going to try to explain to me how the Greek Up Front expansion is going to get folks as fired up about pledging for the KS as the airborne, USMC or SS expansions? And that this lack of enthusiasm for the Greek expansion is then extrapolated to disrespect to the Greek insurgents during WWII? And then this extrapolation is further interpreted as "not much less insulting" as explicitly calling the folks who set up the KS douchebaggers and fecal matter throwers?

Greeek Geek seemed to be taking offense to the disrespect shown to the Greeks of WW2 more than the insults hurled at VG/RG, and yes, you're rephrasing was just as disrespectful and insulting in that regards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite WackyBanana's less-than-tactful post, I have also previously posted that I (in my absolutely-no-experience-Kickstarting-anything-in-my-entire-life opinion) thought the most-desirable expansions should have been a bit earlier . . . I think having those stretch goals guaranteed as parting of backing the project would motivate fence-sitters to jump into backing the project for these (presumably) high(er)-demand expansions.

I would hope that *all* the expansions get printed, but if I had to choose between printing the Greece Expansion (whose soldiers' dedication and heroism are not questioned here) and the USMC, I would prefer the USMC. But having my druthers, I'd like to get them both!

The bottom line for me is that it really didn't matter WHAT order the stretch goals were arranged. I'd be backing the project regardless. If there were *no* stretch goals, I'd still be backing the project. From that perspective, I'm not going to second-guess RG's decision on how those stretch goals were structured. I am certainly not sitting atop a mountain of marketing wisdom. I am sure that RG had very specific reasons to structure the goals the way they were structured - chief among them is that I doubt they anticipated this much resistance getting to $200K.

I just want the project to be as successful as possible.

Cheers! Now, C'mon $200K! :-)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.