Popular Tags: [View All]
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First scenario, in the kitchen - our first turn in this tile caused a surge; Brodie.

Where do we place his marker? All spawn points are occupied.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Brodie does not count against space limits. Put Brodie on the spawn location closest to the mice. Don't forget to move his top initiative card up a number of spaces equal to the number rolled on a single die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think surges are not affected by "ambush"...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambush happens when revealing an Encounter card with "Ambush" at the top. That's when you roll a single die and move the Minion card up the number of spaces indicated by the die roll. The "Ambush" shouldn't still apply for any minions that appear from the Surge at the bottom of that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sethy295 wrote:
I think surges are not affected by "ambush"...?

Correct. However, when placing boss minions the top card always follows the ambush rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I wasn't clear. There was no ambush, the cheese wheel filled up on the first turn in the new tile which causes a surge and the special surge is Brodie. And since it was only the first turn on the new tile, all the roaches were on their start spots.

I now understand that Brodie doesn't take up any space however. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The top Brodie card still gets an ambush. This is probably to avoid two consecutive Brodie attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I see, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCoy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh crazy, I had no idea that the top boss card was treated like an ambush!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bear Klaw
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its an easy rule to miss. Its on page 7 of the rulebook, not with the boss or ambush rules.

Quote:
If there are already minion cards on the track when adding a boss minion that has multiple initiative cards, place both cards at the bottom of the initiative track as usual, then follow the ambushing rules for the first of those two initiative cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.