Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have AGoT for about a year, but have yet to play it. I have tried to work through some play just to understand how things work. I just bought Game of Thrones to try to ease into this a little more gently. I also think it will be easier to get my wife to play.

I have a question that I think applies to botg games, and perhaps to a key misunderstanding that I may have. A character card reads, "...when you play him you must choose and discard an ALLY character."

Can this be an opponent's? Can you discard, kill, kneel, eopponent's cards when the card is not specific?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you are not paying a cost then yes you can choose your opponents characters for those effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you as always. It's amazing to me that the HBO GoT is clearly made to sell at places like Target and B&N, and mostly to causal players who probably haven't even heard of Settler of Catan, and yet the rules no where spell out this concept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you do one more for me? Some over at the GoT forum asked, "Plot Card - Detained, Text reads: 'When revealed, choose and kneel a character.'

My question: Who gets to choose and kneel a character? Both players or just the player who revealed that plot?"

Now someone is questioning who does this action. I said both--right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Old Man wrote:
Can you do one more for me? Some over at the GoT forum asked, "Plot Card - Detained, Text reads: 'When revealed, choose and kneel a character.'

My question: Who gets to choose and kneel a character? Both players or just the player who revealed that plot?"

Now someone is questioning who does this action. I said both--right?

Wrong. The controller of the card almost always is the one to execute such effects unless the text says "Each player".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Old Man wrote:
Thank you as always. It's amazing to me that the HBO GoT is clearly made to sell at places like Target and B&N, and mostly to causal players who probably haven't even heard of Settler of Catan, and yet the rules no where spell out this concept.

Actually I've found those types of players to frequently get the intent behind cards faster than people who have a lot of other game experience because they don't have any preconceived notions. They read the card saying choose and discard an ally character and know it means any ally character intuitively... what they don't get in my experience is which character is or is not an Ally... which of course is actually addressed in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.