Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Rally of the First Snow

This is meant to be an English language compliment to the MRC competition found at www.rallyman.fr.
We will try to run the same event on the same timetable.
You can post your results to me, and share your highs and lows with a report in this thread below.

Winter is here and we are running on a mix of snow and asphalt roads.

Rallyman components required: Rallyman base game, Rallyman DIRT expansion (only for 2nd generation snow tyres), Ace Driver Card (opt), SISU card (opt).

Course book:
Images of stages (click for larger versions):

Course notes:
Each stage features a mixture of snow and asphalt road surfaces.
If you do not own the DIRT expansion, download the rulebook and read about 2nd generation snow tyres. They may help.
Stage 1 - no mechanical assitance after stage 1.
Stage 4 - no mechanical assitance after stage 4.

Current number of cars finished:

General Rules and guidelines as follows.
d10-0 The Rally of the First Snow course book can be found at the link above.
d10-1 Please submit results for Stages ES1 to ES3 by the 15th. I'll post a mid Rally update around the 16th.
d10-2 Please submit results for Stages ES4 to ES6 by the end of the month.
d10-3 Submit results by BGG geekmail to me (dougadamsau) - I'll collate the information and post at the end of the event.
d10-4 For each stage, please report total net time for the run; time attack seconds remaining; type of tyres used; number of cards in your gear deck.
d10-5 No cheating. This is just for fun. Do one run on each stage. If you crash, you crash!
d10-6 One use of SISU OR Ace Driver (not both!) card permitted on stages 1 to 3, and again one use permitted on stages 4 to 6.
d10-7 Any Rallyman tyre type is permitted: Asphalt, Dirt, Snow (Dirt), Snow, Soft.
d10-8 Assistance (repairs) and tyre changes allowed after each stage. See the stage 1 and stage 4 restrictions above in the course notes, though.
d10-9 Feel free to post a report on your runs to this thread below, but keep times to yourself.
d10-1d10-0 No hard rules on practising a course before your run. Personally, I study the route and drive it once, that time stands.
d10-1d10-1 I reserve the right to tweak these guidelines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb

Results: BGG Rally of the First Snow, December 2012.

Format: Net time / Tyres / Time Attack % / Cards used
Tyres : As (Asphalt), Di (Dirt), Sn (Snow), Sf (Soft), Sd (Snow/Dirt)

|-----+---------+--------------------+-------------------+-------------------+-------------------+-------------------+-------------------+-------------------|
| Pos | Time | Driver | Stage 1 | Stage 2 | Stage 3 | Stage 4 | Stage 5 | Stage 6 |
|-----+---------+--------------------+-------------------+-------------------+-------------------+-------------------+-------------------+-------------------|
| 1 | 26:40 | Zeede | 5:31 Sf 57 18C | 3:15 Sn 55 16C | 4:14 Sn 38 17C | 5:07 Sn 16 18C | 3:06 Sn 53 16C | 5:27 Sf 51 17C |
| 2 | 28:41 | GeckoTH | 4:54 Sn 97 16C | 3:46 Sn 69 12C | 4:46 Sn 65 14C | 5:58 Sn 41 15C | 3:27 Sn 84 13C | 5:50 Sf 78 15C |
| 3 | 34:33 | dmcke013 | 7:29 Sn 60 22C | 4:06 Sn 85 17C | 5:51 Sn 58 18C | 5:22 Sn 49 19C | 4:52 Sn 74 20C | 6:53 Sf 89 19C |
| - | 13:27 | hendo | 5:50 Sn 58 19C | 3:42 Sn 60 15C | 3:55 Sn 37 14C | | | |
| - | 13:44 | davidm | 5:44 Sf 38 16C | 4:07 Sn 84 15C | 3:53 Sn 85 16C | | | |
| - | 15:08 | simem | 5:39 Sf 1 15C | 5:02 Sn 44 15C | 4:27 Sn 49 15C | | | |
| - | 16:17 | dougadamsau | 5:05 Sf 66 16C | 5:34 Sn 25 15C | 5:38 Sn 77 15C | | | |

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketigid ketigid
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, what are Snow (Dirt) tyres?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
ketigid wrote:
Hi, what are Snow (Dirt) tyres?

The snow tyre rules from Rallyman Dirt, allowing double downshifting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketigid ketigid
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. So Snow Tyres refer to snow tyres rules from Rallyman base game while Snow (Dirt) Tyres refer to snow tyres rules from Rallyman Dirt rule. Am I right to say this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
ketigid wrote:
I see. So Snow Tyres refer to snow tyres rules from Rallyman base game while Snow (Dirt) Tyres refer to snow tyres rules from Rallyman Dirt rule. Am I right to say this?

Yes, quite right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McKenna
msg tools
Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
mbmbmbmbmb
(Also known as 2nd generation snow tyres)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McKenna
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stages 1, 2 and 3 complete!

Stage 1: took 2nd gen snow tyres, and boys oh! does only having 1 acceleration die make it hard to corner. Of course, it doesn't help that I forgot had 2 of such on the snowy section, that I had to use my SISU early (otherwise would have smashed into rocks), and still had another spin out towards the end of the track!

Stage 2: remembered could use 2 acceleration dice on snow this time, with 2nd gen snow tyres now proving their worth.

Stage 3: a clean run, despite a couple of hairy moments. Reckon it was still pretty slow.

edit: Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays (delete as appropriate) everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Half month results posted. I probably won't get back to tallying until the new year, but send your times in, and I'll catch up eventually.

Drive safe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McKenna
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Stage 1: took 2nd gen snow tyres, and boys oh! does only having 1 acceleration die make it hard to corner. Of course, it doesn't help that I forgot had 2 of such on the snowy section, that I had to use my SISU early (otherwise would have smashed into rocks), and still had another spin out towards the end of the track!

Stage 2: remembered could use 2 acceleration dice on snow this time, with 2nd gen snow tyres now proving their worth.

Stage 3: a clean run, despite a couple of hairy moments. Reckon it was still pretty slow.

And stages 4, 5 and 6:

Stage 4: In an attempt to make up time, I approached all the corners pretty fast, (safely) double-downshifting through most of them.

Stage 5: Lost control transitioning from tarmac onto snow; luckily still had my SISU card handy to rectify that.

Stage 6: Lost control towards the end of the course. Luckily, was in a low gear so only spun out, but that's still going to cost!

For me: not a very good (time-wise) to finish the year on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Just letting you know I'm still here, and we'll wrap up this rally at the end of January. Sorry, Christmas and life intervened!

If you haven't started this rally, feel free to hit stage 1 and send me times.

Look for a new rally in February.

Of course, you can always go to www.rallyman.fr and race January's always-interesting Rallye du Monte Carlo. Helpful notes provided by Tom Howard here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/915700/the-english-guide...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Submitted my times just under the wire. Thanks again for hosting, Doug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Rally complete and results posted! Sorry, our work group didn't get to finish this rally over the Xmas break, and since then we've been playing Coup, Love Letter and Ave Caesar.

I'll take a break from hosting the PBF here, but I really encourage anyone to go and post their times on www.rallyman.fr!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.