Popular Tags: [View All]
David Reed
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question.

Does a double hit on a refinery also count the potential single hits?

Ie a refinery is on, (1,1) (1,2) (2,1) (2,2).

A roll of 2,2 is done.

Therefore a single hit to (1,2) single hit to (2,1) and a double hit to (2,2) so a total of 4 barrels can be refined.

Is this correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you only get one hit per die, for a maximum of two barrels per turn. The fact the the refinery takes up four spaces just increases your odds of hitting it, not the number of barrels it refines when hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
STYLES_DNR wrote:
Quick question.

A roll of 2,2 is done.

Therefore a single hit to (1,2) single hit to (2,1) and a double hit to (2,2) so a total of 4 barrels can be refined.

Is this correct.

If I understand your question correctly, no, you may not refine four oil into four gasoline. It isn't per space hit, it is by row and column.

the most refining you can do on your turn is two barrels (one if it isn't your turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
STYLES_DNR wrote:
Quick question.

A roll of 2,2 is done.

Is this correct.

If I understand your question correctly, no, you may not refine four oil into four gasoline. It isn't per space hit, it is by row and column.

the most refining you can do on your turn is two barrels (one if it isn't your turn).

This explanation/clarification is correct. ONE HIT per die, not per space.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, but then I now have a follow-up question.

Does one hit per dice, mean that if I have other assets on the same row or column, I need to decide which of the assets is activated?

Ie, I have a gas station at (1,1) and a refinery starting at (1,2) and roll a (1,4) I must either sell gas or refine existing crude?

or is it one hit per dice per asset.

Therefore I can sell one existing gas and refine one existing crude in the same turn.

Thanks,

David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
STYLES_DNR wrote:

Does one hit per dice, mean that if I have other assets on the same row or column, I need to decide which of the assets is activated?

Ie, I have a gas station at (1,1) and a refinery starting at (1,2) and roll a (1,4) I must either sell gas or refine existing crude?

Therefore I can sell one existing gas and refine one existing crude in the same turn.

Thanks,

David.

I think this is pretty clear in the Stronghold rules (emphasis mine):

Quote:
The row and column selected randomly by the dice roll may contain some of the players Assets purchased earlier in the game. If so, these Assets are considered to be "hit" and may now carry out their respective functions listed below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks,

All clear now.

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
STYLES_DNR wrote:

Thanks,

David.

I think this is pretty clear in the Stronghold rules (emphasis mine):

Quote:
The row and column selected randomly by the dice roll may contain some of the players Assets purchased earlier in the game. If so, these Assets are considered to be "hit" and may now carry out their respective functions listed below.

Correct. Per the rules, all asssets that are hit produce/activate.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.