Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im a little confused as to why walls do not block line of sight if you are behind them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For you, that is (if I remember correctly).

You are effectively peeking out to shoot at the enemy, but he cannot see you from the distance...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Austin
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
1- 2- 3- 4!- A- A- 5!
badge
110% Rally
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually because of the way walls are abstracted into the game.
Units beside a wall can usually fire over it. When they do so, the targets are in line of sight and their targets have line of sight to them. Because of that, it is just easier to say a wall doesn't block line of sight during combat. However it does make it harder to hit units behind a wall, which is why there is a hindrance value.
Some Games include "high" walls that do block line of sight, but it does so in both directions and no combat can occur across that hex side.
Other games may include more detailed rules that enable you to use walls to block line of sight by "crawling" or "stealth movement", but V&V (like a lot of other war games) does not.
I hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks Shaun. I'm always troubled by war gaming rules. They are a battle in themselves! :s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and call for Shaun, if you need details, yes whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.