Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Urbanization» Forums » Rules

Subject: Return area and all barns full? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So where do the extra cubes go durring the refill barn stage occurs and the return area, the field and all 4 barns are full, but there is still another gain cube?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
So where do the extra cubes go durring the refill barn stage occurs and the return area, the field and all 4 barns are full, but there is still another gain cube?


This happened to me too, and we ended up putting it in the return area. I'd love to hear the official answer as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the feel of push on it, we placed the extra in barn 1
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Ebsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The return area is getting 2 grain marker per player first. These you cannot buy. Then the field receives 1 grain marker per player, the last "2" barn then receives full capacity etc. In this way the grain price is always the highest possible.

Johnny
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Johnny Ebsen wrote:
The return area is getting 2 grain marker per player first. These you cannot buy. Then the field receives 1 grain marker per player, the last "2" barn then receives full capacity etc. In this way the grain price is always the highest possible.

Johnny


Just to be clear, if everything is full capacity (barns, field, return area), but one or more of the grain markers that players started with is used to feed, and the grain markers exceed normal capacity on the main board, then it goes into the last "2" barn?

Just wanted a bit more clarification... Thanks.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonny, I don't think you fully understood the question... see Lorens posting... The rules just don't cover the situation - neither in german nor in english...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Ebsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All barns and the field are going to be filled with what is left when you have allocated 2 per player to the return area. If you still have some left they are staying in the return area.

Johnny
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Wacker
United States
Lake Forest Park
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is actually a good thing to put in the revised rules. The rules say something like 'if there are more than two grains per player in the returns area, then you can refill the other areas'. We assumed that if you have over two goods per player in the returns area, then you fill the other areas UNTIL the returns area is at two grains per player, but that isn't 100% clear in the rules book.

I like the game after one play (with two players thus far). I'll probably rate it fairly well if our second play is as good. I just wish after all that waiting on Kickstarter that someone would have actually checked the grammar and spelling on the cards and rule book.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Rowinski
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading these post I am wondering if the games you have played have used to many grain markers.

Let me explain.

Get out your rule book and turn to page 2

There are in total 32 grain markers in the box.

When you play a four player game
All 32 grain markers are used.
One is allocated to each players tracking card. Totaling four
28 are allocated to the grain area completly filling them up.

When you play a three player game
Only 24 grain markers are used.
One is allocated to each players tracking card. Totaling three
21 are allocated to the grain area completly filling them up.

When you play a two player game
Only 16 grain markers are used.
One is allocated to each players tracking card. Totaling two.
14 are allocated to the grain area completly filling them up.

So when reading the maximum capacity rule on page 2 that means the capacity will be 28,21 and 14. Which leaves four,three and two from the tracking boards nowhere to go.

I think that it simply must have seemed unlikely that all players would have used up all of their grain at the same time i.e. trying to force the four,three and two tracking grain markers into the at maximum capacity grain area. Probably since grain is also a good way to get victory points.

But if you used the correct amount of grain markers when playing then the maximum capacity rule on page two should be changed to maximum starting capacity of such as well as detaling where these four, three and two grain markers go.

Happy holidays.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zordian wrote:
After reading these post I am wondering if the games you have played have used to many grain markers.

Let me explain.

Get out your rule book and turn to page 2

There are in total 32 grain markers in the box.

When you play a four player game
All 32 grain markers are used.
One is allocated to each players tracking card. Totaling four
28 are allocated to the grain area completly filling them up.

When you play a three player game
Only 24 grain markers are used.
One is allocated to each players tracking card. Totaling three
21 are allocated to the grain area completly filling them up.

When you play a two player game
Only 16 grain markers are used.
One is allocated to each players tracking card. Totaling two.
14 are allocated to the grain area completly filling them up.

So when reading the maximum capacity rule on page 2 that means the capacity will be 28,21 and 14. Which leaves four,three and two from the tracking boards nowhere to go.

I think that it simply must have seemed unlikely that all players would have used up all of their grain at the same time i.e. trying to force the four,three and two tracking grain markers into the at maximum capacity grain area. Probably since grain is also a good way to get victory points.

But if you used the correct amount of grain markers when playing then the maximum capacity rule on page two should be changed to maximum starting capacity of such as well as detaling where these four, three and two grain markers go.

Happy holidays.


I do think it's rare, but still possible, especially in a 2-player game. Say no player takes a grain action in the first round, mostly buying land, buildings, work orders, produce goods, industry, inventions, etc.

Player population will remain at 1 from having grain being the lowest categroy from the 1 grain they received at the start of the game. Then players feed their 1 population, and return the grain to the main board, with every location full to capacity.

Rare that no one would take a grain action, but still possible.

Also possible, that 1 person could take the Mill worker card, buy 1 grain from barn 1 and take 2 free grain from the field. Then if he sells 3 back for 7 dollars, it fills the spaces to capacity once again.

So it's definitley possible that at the end of the round, all the spaces are full (and can happen more than one way).

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.