Popular Tags: [View All]
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Boss has passed twice, can he/she still hand out a cousin token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Tolentino
United States
MIDDLETOWN
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are asking, if "Boss passes twice" in the sense that the Boss has changed twice from the original Boss since the start of the current deal, the current boss, any of the previous bosses of the current deal and any non-boss player - really any player boss or not - can play any one or more clan/cousin card(s) at anytime before the Boss closes of the deal. Of course only the clan/cousin cards and investor cards actually bargained for in the current deal will get the agreed upon share.

Hope that helps. I bought the "Whose the Boss" game to play with my brothers' families when we get together, so that we could do something more actively family social than the all too common flipping channels from sports game to sports game.

Enjoy!
E.T.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Eric, thanks for your reply, but I think you are thinking of I'm the Boss! rather than this, the card game version of it.

The board game is great too. You made a good choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tycho wrote:
If the Boss has passed twice, can he/she still hand out a cousin token?

We've always played it that once the Boss has passed twice, his/her ability to "grant cousin-hood" ends. BUT the Nasty Variant and/or house rules certainly could (and should) supersede this if/as your playing group sees fit!

In a game like this, which I am sure you realize by now, a certain "fluidity" (and brevity) needs to prevail in the rules. And as you pointed out in your other post, arguing and persuading is really a lot of the fun in this game!

Thanks again for your interest!

Rick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In relation to the Boss handing out Cousin tokens, maybe it's also worth mentioning that players need to agree in order to receive a Cousin token, i.e. the Boss can't make you a Cousin if you don't want to be (e.g. if for you the pot has a negative value as a result of having a reverse card).

I don't think this is explicitly stated in the rules (unless I missed it), but I believe that is the intention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
EndersGame wrote:
In relation to the Boss handing out Cousin tokens, maybe it's also worth mentioning that players need to agree in order to receive a Cousin token, i.e. the Boss can't make you a Cousin if you don't want to be (e.g. if for you the pot has a negative value as a result of having a reverse card).

I don't think this is explicitly stated in the rules (unless I missed it), but I believe that is the intention.

This would be good to know. We played it, that the Boss can just give the token to someone else, and the other player can't refuse it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.