Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have three questions about the timing of information flow in the game, which might somehow theoretical and peculiar, but led to some real questions in our gaming group:

1) Adding a room via explore: If you add the topmost room card to add it to the station, are you allowed to lift it from the room card pile looking at the next card before you decide where to add the card from your hand? Or with other words, is it allowed to use the information about the next room card for placing the current room card, or do have to leave it on the pile until you decide where to add this card?

2) Relocate parasites: If you have to place a parasite while already all parasites are on the board, you have to relocate one parasite. This parasite must come from the biggest cluster of parasites. If two or more clusters of equal size exist in this moment, what is the right order:
a) FIRST I roll for direction of the parasite to place, THEN I decide from which of the equal sized clusters I take.
b) FIRST I have to decide, from which cluster I take a parasite, THEN I roll the die to get the direction.

3) Imagine the following: You have the heavy gun, it's your turn, you have only one action point left, you are in a room together with a grey parasite and a character with one life point. You want to kill both the character and the grey parasite. Unfortunately you are not sure, if the character has an armor. What's the right behavior:
a) You have to allocate both shots in advance, for example one against the character, one against the parasite, risking, that the character survives with an armor. Or both against the character, raising your chance against him, because you don't think he has two armors, but perhaps wasting one shot and letting the parasite survive for sure.
b) You can fire the first shot against the character, wait if he has an armor. If he has, you fire the second shot at the character, if he has not, you fire your second bullet at the parasite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Frank,

Wow, you are really digging into the game system.
I am impressed. Wish everyone would take such intensity in exploring all the facets of the game.

Let me now answer your questions one by one:

1) Once a players takes a card from the exploration deck he officially announces that he is performing the explore action by taking the card from the deck, so looking at the card below and than suddenly not deciding to explore is a way of cheating, at least in my book.
The whole intend of the exploration is that players can anticipate the next room that will appear, but beyond that it is still a mystery.

2) Option B

3) The Heavy gun is a rapid-firing automatic gun, so it pumps out two shots at great speed, with no chance to anticipate on the results.
You are as a matter of saying "shooting a rain of bullets".
So, following that logic, you decide the target(s) and see what happens.

Thanks for the interesting timing-questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to the author for these official answers for this charming game!

Concerning question 1 though, I was slightly misunderstood.

It was always clear for us, that you cannot change your mind not to place a room card, once you took it and everyone saw the card beneath it.

The question was, if I am allowed to use the information about the next card, to place the current card. So, what's the right option:
a) I leave the topmost room card on the pile, decide where to add it to the station (for example by pointing at the position) , and THEN move it from the pile to the assigned position.
b) I take the topmost room card from the pile, have a look at the room card beneath it and THEN decide, where to add the room card in my hand to the station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, sorry.
Option A is the way the rules was meant to be played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.