Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Boyko
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have recently gotten into Netrunner. We think we understand everything except the following cards with "hosted agenda counter" abilities:

Nisei Mk II
Place 1 agenda counter on Nisei Mk II when you score it.
Hosted agenda counter: end the run.

AstroScript Pilot Program
Place 1 agenda counter on AstroScript Pilot Program when you score it.
Hosted agenda Counter: Place 1 advancement token on a card that can be advanced.

When can I take these "actions"? Can they only be done once per game?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use them any time paid abilities are allowed, which is basically most of the time.

The agendas only get one agenda counter on them. You need to spend that agenda counter to use the ability... so yes, only once per game per agenda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Clegg
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xxeyes wrote:

Nisei Mk II
Place 1 agenda counter on Nisei Mk II when you score it.
Hosted agenda counter: end the run.

AstroScript Pilot Program
Place 1 agenda counter on AstroScript Pilot Program when you score it.
Hosted agenda Counter: Place 1 advancement token on a card that can be advanced.

When can I take these "actions"? Can they only be done once per game?

The first one really is only useful if the Runner is running. And you can pretty much use it any time you want. The bit before the colon ( is the *cost* -- so, when you score Nisei Mk II, you put a counter on the card. You remove the counter (the cost) to end the run. You might do that just as the runner has defeated the last piece of ICE, and thus prevent them from accessing the data fort after all (probably the most common time to use it -- let them spend money getting past your ICE and then disconnect them)

For the latter card, it's the same thing. You can use it pretty much whenever. You could use it to advance that Junebug right before the runner accesses it...

I don't have the timing chart in front of me, so there are probably *some* limitations on when you can decide to use those tokens, but in general, "any time", and you do remove the tokens when you take those actions. I'll let the bigger geeks answer those edge condition issues.

...Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a veteran original Netrunner player who only skimmed the rules because "how much different could they be?" this really threw me for a loop my first game.

surprise

End any run at any time? And the agenda is otherwise comparable in cost and agenda points to other agendas?

I didn't use it at all on the runner (first timer), because it just would have been too evil. At higher levels of play I'm sure it's balanced as it is a known entity on the table, but beginners will get hosed by unnoticed Hosted Counters.

As it was my opponent died anyway from a Trap! accessed from R&D. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
Really, the best use of a Nisei Mk 2 agenda counter is to end the run when the runner is going after a server with an ambush. Just makes them all the more eager to go after it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Boyko
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies, everyone! We're just about to start another game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Malo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ffaristocrat wrote:
Really, the best use of a Nisei Mk 2 agenda counter is to end the run when the runner is going after a server with an ambush. Just makes them all the more eager to go after it.

i REALLY like this...will definitely do it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.