Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The thing I'm most curious about this is whether or not the villain team is able to be split apart and fought as five regular villains. Is "Vengeful Five" now going to be another divider card in the box with one shared deck, or is it going to be five different villain decks, each playable on its own, that may be combined using some special/variant ruleset?

Or perhaps each of the four underlings is playable on its own, but when you want to fight the team you select "Vengeful Five Baron Blade" or some such as the villain and there are rules for pulling alternate versions or selected cards from the other four characters? I'm really curious about how this whole thing is going to work. Has anyone seen any info?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
I'm guessing how it works is you choose (H) of the Vengeful Five to fight at a time, but I don't think any actual information has been released.

One of the designers did say that Vengeance would contain "eleven decks, or seven depending on how you count them" (this was before the extra environment was added so it would be 12/8 now), which implies that the villains aren't meant to be fought completely separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
I'm guessing how it works is you choose (H) of the Vengeful Five to fight at a time, but I don't think any actual information has been released.

One of the designers did say that Vengeance would contain "eleven decks, or seven depending on how you count them" (this was before the extra environment was added so it would be 12/8 now), which implies that the villains aren't meant to be fought completely separately.

Hmmm...the fact that apparently the designers think people may count the Vengeful Five as one deck seems to strongly indicate that it is only fightable as a team....although implying there would be any sort of consideration on the matter means something else is afoot, surely. I wonder if there's some sort of deck-building aspect or some other sort of setup thing. I like the idea you have of including (H) villains on the team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sterling
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked on KS and they said they are not separable. They are one "deck".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hectarion wrote:

Interesting. Seems almost unfair to count them as five villains then. Really curious to see how this group plays different than, say, the Annead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if you can play the villains' now, in either a head to head or reverse the roles as in you fight the heros'. That's my assumption that this expansion might also have a conversion kit. Maybe a traitor would be excellent also. We ain't a co-op family except for this game because lets face it your a super hero and like bow-ties super heros' are cool.

-LMK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan T
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wikiro wrote:
....because lets face it your a super hero and like bow-ties super heros' are cool.

That line is so fantastic. I think I may steal it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
Hectarion wrote:

Interesting. Seems almost unfair to count them as five villains then. Really curious to see how this group plays different than, say, the Annead.

The Ennead all draw from the same villain deck. Vengeful Five will (based on everything I've seen) each have their own deck. Other than that, though, it looks like it will be very similar to the Ennead. The villains will basically be a hybrid of hero decks (specific cards for the hero/villain, plus cards that boost the team, plus equipment cards, ongoings, etc.) and the standard villain deck (summoning baddies, playing extra cards at the beginning or end of turn, all self-automated, etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So you're saying when I pick "Vengeful Five" to battle, I flip to their card in the box and pull out five mini-decks? Or is each character fightable on their own and then there is also a Vengeful Five "Annead" style deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is unclear, but here is my guess. 4 regular villain decks and 1 vengeful five deck with the 4 villains in Vengeance and Baron Blade. As to how the Vengeful Five deck works, not sure maybe like the Ennead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm most interested in knowing whether or not existing villain decks can be incorporated into Vengeance. Also, will expansions after Vengeance all feature a team of villains or will they revert back to the Rook City, Infernal Relics and Shattered Timelines with single villain decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
I'm most interested in knowing whether or not existing villain decks can be incorporated into Vengeance. Also, will expansions after Vengeance all feature a team of villains or will they revert back to the Rook City, Infernal Relics and Shattered Timelines with single villain decks.

Word. It sounds like Hero and Environment decks will work just fine with Vengeance, but I can't imagine also using a villain deck from the SotM base game or one of the expansions. I'm curious to see how much this adds. Just a super villain team? That's really cool...but it's less multifaceted then getting new heroes, villains, and environments.

Perhaps GtG has something up their sleeves, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dérek Boily
Canada
Québec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine another expansion featuring five others vilains wich you could combine to create a new vilain team... But I haven't been part of the kickstarter though, so I'm probably wrong...!

Aren't there 5 heroes included in Vengeance too? Any insights about who they are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrLeRobot wrote:
I imagine another expansion featuring five others vilains wich you could combine to create a new vilain team... But I haven't been part of the kickstarter though, so I'm probably wrong...!

Aren't there 5 heroes included in Vengeance too? Any insights about who they are?

Supposedly there are 5 Heroes, 5 Villains (acting as 1 team?) and 2 environments. And the box is supposed to be close to the Enhanced box size so I imagine we have another handful of expansions after Vengeance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
MrLeRobot wrote:

Supposedly there are 5 Heroes, 5 Villains (acting as 1 team?) and 2 environments. And the box is supposed to be close to the Enhanced box size so I imagine we have another handful of expansions after Vengeance.

Ahhh. Well, there you go then.

Maybe the new heroes will be another super team of sorts. We've had a lot of one-off heroes come out since the base game was released, and the freedom four have become five and (in the future) six.

Whatever it is, though, with that much stuff packed into the box, you can't go wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:
MrLeRobot wrote:

Ahhh. Well, there you go then.

Maybe the new heroes will be another super team of sorts. We've had a lot of one-off heroes come out since the base game was released, and the freedom four have become five and (in the future) six.

Whatever it is, though, with that much stuff packed into the box, you can't go wrong.

So long as it is still co-op so I can play solo if necessary, then I am very happy. Can't wait to hear some more details on how the villains play though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hoffpauir
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be cool if Vengence came with rules for using any of the current villains and combine them into a Team. Or at the very least rules for facing multiple villains at the same time. Talk about adding replayability to the game.

But I honestly think that there will be each villain as their own deck and the "Vengeful Five" as the fifth deck. No clue on who the new heroes will be. Perhaps "sidekicks" for the current Freedom Five.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hectarion wrote:

This is where the confusion comes in. They also say there are seven (eight with the new enviro) decks, or eleven (twelve with the new enviro) decks depending on how you count them. Why is there a question of how somebody would count them? That's the really interesting/weird/confusing part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smullens
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
Would be interesting if you fight (h) villains from the venguful 5, each with their own decks.... so the villain turn would be:

Villain 1 plays a card from the Villain 1 deck
Villain 2 plays a card from the vlllain 2 deck
Villain 3 plays a card from the villain 3 deck
Villain 4 plays a card from the villain 4 deck
Villain 5 plays a card from the villain 5 deck

If they are incapacitated they use an incapcitated ability instead.
Since they are playing 5 cards a turn they'd have to be weaker, but sounds like it'd be a nice challenge.

I'm hoping at some point they have a player villain expansion; I enjoy the pure coop nature of the game, but I know I have some friends that would be more interested if they could play the villain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.