Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Trade GeekList: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/150352
Request GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/150353
Discussion: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10674197

Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this event (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support).

Key dates (all times are CENTRAL TIME)

Open for posting games: Now until Sunday. December 9th (10pm)

Want list submission period: Sunday. December 9th (10pm) until Tuesday, December 11th (10pm) - no extensions!

Results posted within an hour thereafter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Reserved
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Reserved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Steward
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Fretboard Gamer
badge
p/g
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer. I'll have to skip this one. All my games are currently tied up in a December G4GG listing.

Good luck all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Allowed items:
-Anything from BGG, RPGG or VGG with an item year that's 2010 or later.

Is the part in bold a type/copy-paste error from an earlier math trade? Since it didn't mention anything about that in the title of the trade, nor the announcement, and it was advertised as an "unrestricted" math trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Albert, You read my mind regarding what we needed. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Just so I'm clear, the title includes "unrestricted" but older games are not allowed, only items printed in the last three years? That's a great idea, but it does rule out half of what I'd want to trade away or trade for. Maybe more than half...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Quote:
Allowed items:
-Anything from BGG, RPGG or VGG with an item year that's 2010 or later.

Is the part in bold a type/copy-paste error from an earlier math trade? Since it didn't mention anything about that in the title of the trade, nor the announcement, and it was advertised as an "unrestricted" math trade.

This is being corrected - stupid copy & paste
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
shigadeyo wrote:
Is there a way to participate, but specify US send/receive only?

There is a way. As the rules state:

All are welcome to participate. You can cover any amount of shipping you like, as long as it's not a prohibited policy (see OLWLG rules for details). If you're not covering full shipping within your own country, you must provide a postal code and the approximate weight of the item in the listing so that costs may be estimated. Any ambiguity will be interpreted as generosity on your part; if you don't include a shipping policy, then it is assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!

In other words, you can say "USA only", or something similar ('First $XX dollars covered anywhere', etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:
shigadeyo wrote:
Is there a way to participate, but specify US send/receive only?

There is a way. As the rules state:

All are welcome to participate. You can cover any amount of shipping you like, as long as it's not a prohibited policy (see OLWLG rules for details). If you're not covering full shipping within your own country, you must provide a postal code and the approximate weight of the item in the listing so that costs may be estimated. Any ambiguity will be interpreted as generosity on your part; if you don't include a shipping policy, then it is assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!

In other words, you can say "USA only", or something similar ('First $XX dollars covered anywhere', etc)

Got it. I will read MUCH more closely next time. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running, Albert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:
Thanks for running, Albert.

Yes, THANK YOU! I was hoping that there would be a good math trade opportunity before the end of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, has it really been nine months since I last participated in a math trade? I was just thinking I was about ready to jump back in when Albert so kindly served this one up. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! This should be fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Butterfield
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I want to put a game in the trade that I currently have for sale on the BGG Marketplace, should I just remove it from the Marketplace until the math trade is over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
mpb2000 wrote:
If I want to put a game in the trade that I currently have for sale on the BGG Marketplace, should I just remove it from the Marketplace until the math trade is over?

Assuming you are okay selling it in the mean time, you could wait until it got closer to the deadline, then suspend the listing until the results are posted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like games that are mentioned in the comments with geek links are showing up as sweeteners in the OLWLG? Ex: flamejuggler's London

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Shively
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is my first math trade and i'm excited to participate, thanks for organizing! I'm a little confused about the process. The mandatory use of the OLWLG...is this for posting your game or just sending your wants? I'm thinking that I just goto the trade geeklist and add my game + details, then later use the OLWLG to submit my "will trade X for Y" list. Is this correct? Thanks for your help, I don't want to mess anything up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
pshively wrote:
This is my first math trade and i'm excited to participate, thanks for organizing! I'm a little confused about the process. The mandatory use of the OLWLG...is this for posting your game or just sending your wants? I'm thinking that I just goto the trade geeklist and add my game + details, then later use the OLWLG to submit my "will trade X for Y" list. Is this correct? Thanks for your help, I don't want to mess anything up

The OLWLG is used for submitting wants. As you mention, just list the items you want to trade mannually to the trade list.

If it helps, here is a link to the OLWLG wiki:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoic Bird
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this!

Now I have to decide if I want to risk ruining Christmas by putting stuff I asked for on my want lists...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VolcanoLotus wrote:
Thanks for running this!

Now I have to decide if I want to risk ruining Christmas by putting stuff I asked for on my want lists...

LOL! I was thinking the same thing.

Given that it's been quite a while since the last trade, and this one may be fairly sizable in its offerings... I couldn't resist myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
VolcanoLotus wrote:
Thanks for running this!

Yeah... That's what I was thinking...

I've decided to only add stuff that I don't normally have on my wishlist or may get for Christmas. Makes this a little more difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me for being a total newbie, but how do I use an On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
SJacobsen159 wrote:
Forgive me for being a total newbie, but how do I use an On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG)?

Refer to the wiki that aksosa linked to. It explains a lot and can be very handy.

aksosa wrote:
pshively wrote:

The OLWLG is used for submitting wants. As you mention, just list the items you want to trade mannually to the trade list.

If it helps, here is a link to the OLWLG wiki:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
It might also help if I read the full discussion before posting.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [20] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.