Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darrell Minott
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I can't believe that my group has been playing this card wrong for all of this time. We have been focused on the first paragraph and only let Snare work when accessed from R&D.

But focusing on the first sentence of the second paragraph, it seems that it can be triggered anywhere it's accessed aside from Archives. If the Runner accesses it in R&D or HQ, corp pays 4, boom. If the runner accesses a remote server it's installed on, Corp pays 4, boom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DJMBILBO wrote:
I can't believe that my group has been playing this card wrong for all of this time. We have been focused on the first paragraph and only let Snare work when accessed from R&D.

But focusing on the first sentence of the second paragraph, it seems that it can be triggered anywhere it's accessed aside from Archives. If the Runner accesses it in R&D or HQ, corp pays 4, boom. If the runner accesses a remote server it's installed on, Corp pays 4, boom.

That is correct. Snare! can be triggered from anywhere except the Archives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
to clarify, even from hq (your hand)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Sandico
Philippines
Pasig City
NCR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Uminsky

Culver City
California
msg tools
I have seen this card lead to a few 1st round flat lines for inexperienced runners. Imagine a hyper aggressive runner eating a neural kitana (protecting a central server) only to then snag a snare when they access card(s) from the central server.

Lesson for the runner, if you eat a neural kitana against a Jinteki deck, don't access HQ or R&D if the corp has 4+ credits... just jack out and lick your wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Harris
United Kingdom
stevenage
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This flatlined my dad in his first turn of the game ever.
He's not a gamer but I roped him in to a game help me learn the rules.

"It seems a bit complex at first but not that bad" says I.

His first turn he ran against my unprotected R&D HQ (hey I was learning)
I happened to have "Snare" in hand. And by bad luck he happened to pick it as his random access.
And by even more chance I also happened to have "neural emp" in hand.

"Um, ok, kinda akward, but I can play this card and kill you"
"So you win?"
"um, yes. Sorry. Try again?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jorum wrote:
His first turn he ran against my unprotected R&D (hey I was learning)
I happended to "Snare" in hand. And by bad luck happened to pick it as his random access.

If I may be a nitpick for a while, how could he access cards from your hand (your HQ) if he did a run on your R&D (your draw deck)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smuggler wrote:
jorum wrote:
I happended to "Snare" in hand. And by bad luck happened to pick it as his random access.

If I may be a nitpick for a while, how could he access cards from your hand (your HQ) if he did a run on your R&D (your draw deck)?

I was going to ask the same thing. I am new to the game and haven't played yet, but that sounded off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnomoarigato wrote:
Smuggler wrote:
jorum wrote:
If I may be a nitpick for a while, how could he access cards from your hand (your HQ) if he did a run on your R&D (your draw deck)? ;)
I was going to ask the same thing. I am new to the game and haven't played yet, but that sounded off.
Most likely it's a terminology error on jorum's part (referring to the Runner running his hand, and used the term "R&D" instead of "HQ"). It's a relatively common error, especially for new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Double Plus Undead
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
Most likely it's a terminology error on jorum's part (referring to the Runner running his hand, and used the term "R&D" instead of "HQ"). It's a relatively common error, especially for new players.

I've been playing Netrunner for 4 years now, and I still make this mistake sometimes.

Me (pointing at deck): I make a run on HQ.
Opponent: Don't you mean R&D?
Me (embarrassed): Err...yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Harris
United Kingdom
stevenage
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - I meant HQ not R&D

Also reading back - how many grammar and spelling mistake did I make? argh!
That's what tiredness and nagging children does for quality control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.