Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the game on Saturday and - as an Essen buyer - I do own this promo card, which I shuffled into the deck.

The card came up at a point in the game, where I had just lifted off from Neptune, trying to go back to the the inner belt, land on Venus and win the game afterwards.

After a short discussion (which I started), we chose to remove this card from the game. I'd have easily won by using it. Getting a free lift from Neptune to Venus - I'd have landed on Earth the next turn and won. So I came in only second a couple of turns later.

I assume this card has been abandoned during playtesting but used as a promo card for Essen.

Is it only me or do others also have the impression that this card has too much impact to that otherwise fine game?
And did you use it and how did it affect the outcome of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury Yamschchikov
Russia
Saint-Petersburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ron,

Thank you for you opinion and question!

Actually we really test this card a lot of times, even with more sensitive Advanced rules.

You are right - this card is powerful, but our tests show that most times it is not too much powerful. Usually event cards can give you bonus/penalty +/- 1 round, this card may save you 2 or even 3 rounds. But, as far as far this card is affected on every player, most times you can't get relative advantage more than +1 round.

In described case it helps you to change 2nd place to the 1st, but I don't think that it can help to win player, who is far away (of cause in VP point of view meeple).

I agree, that this card add more random to the game, but it is question of your taste. So, if you don't like additional chaos (and I quite understand you) - don't use it. But for some players, as far as I saw, it may add some additional fun.

And there is one more reason to use it - this card speed up the game, for some players it is important.

PS Good luck in KOSMOS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Yury,

thank you for your 'official' answer. And gratulations to your game - we had a lot of fun playing it! meeple

Tanion wrote:
Actually we really test this card a lot of times, even with more sensitive Advanced rules.

... which I can find where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Orey
Portugal
Cascais
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ron,

you can find the advance rules here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/84360/kosmonauts-advan...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gil orey wrote:
Hi Ron,

you can find the advance rules here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/84360/kosmonauts-advan...

Ah, on the Geek already ... I should have been able to find them by myself blush
Well, thanks for the link, Gil!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury Yamschchikov
Russia
Saint-Petersburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
Hi Yury,
thank you for your 'official' answer.

You are warmly welcome!

PzVIE wrote:

And gratulations to your game - we had a lot of fun playing it! meeple

Oh, that is great, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any way of getting this card for those of us who were unable to attend Essen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.